“Good old fashion diner type restaurant”

Mountain View Station
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Good "home cookin" and service. Interesting décor and popular with the locals. Very casual and informal. Surprisingly good variety and it's all good! have been for breakfast and dinner several times.

1  Thank Lo W
There are newer reviews for Mountain View Station

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Mountain View Station at one time was a train station now it is a local excellent restaurant. It is mch more than pub food. There is a large choice of sea foods and many are broiled as well as fried. Their scallops are delicious; their meat loaf is tops. They are very family friendly. In the summer a wait for dinner can be long but is worth it. Service is prompt and courteous.

2  Thank Carl C
Reviewed 17 October 2013

After lunching here a couple of times, my husband and I decided to come for dinner last night. After a short wait (this will change I bet after people "discover" this great little place), we were seated next to a window. Very comfortable seating, ample distance between tables and chairs, very clean (including bathrooms), very friendly service. The beer and wine menu is a pleasure; several very good red wines available by the glass. After looking at the menu and seeing the large portions being served to other diners, we opted to share our meals. We started with a pear and goat cheese salad which was very good, served on a bed of really fresh greens and the dressing was delicious. Our main course of scallops florentine over a bed of pasta was absolutely fabulous; everything was cooked to perfection, the pasta had just the right amount of "bite" and was very hot. Both dishes were divided up on two separate plates (with NO extra charge if you can believe it!) and the portions were so ample we were too full for dessert. The service was very professional but warm and friendly. The Mountainview Station (Trip Advisor, please take note of the spelling of the name, we obtained it directly from the business card and the menu) in Center Ossipee is a little gem where we will be eating often. A delightful dining establishment and very close to our home. Kudos!

2  Thank Auntie1949
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Very popular at nights during the season, so expect a wait....but it will be worth it. We like going there for lunch and having the beans/hot dog platter and the chicken salad croissant. Very friendly wait staff. If you go on the weekends, walk down to Folsom St and visit the Saps Mead House. Unique, homemade with free tastings on the weekend.

1  Thank sandi s
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We were driving through up to the White Mountains for vacation and stopped here for dinner. We liked the atmosphere and prices--friendly staff, it all seemed good. I had the chicken salad which tasted a bit bland and strange--but I was hungry so I finished it. Unfortunately, an hour later I was violently throwing up from food poisoning. I had not consumed anything else most of the day so we can only attribute it to my meal at Mountain Station. It was a miserable way to start our vacation. I am sure this was a very, very isolated incident. We really did enjoy this place and my partner had a great meal with no adverse effects (he had fish). I wanted to give travelers a word of caution. Avoid meals that may be mayo-based for perhaps they sit unrefrigerated for extended periods of time.

1  Thank Kate C

Been to Mountain View Station? Share your experiences!