“Nice accommodation.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Claremont B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Nice accommodation.”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed one night. Room spacious and clean. Very quiet also. Lovely old building with view of river.
Breakfast good, as well as service. Covered parking lot near inn very convenient.
We had dinner in their restaurant, which was average.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 November 2013

So just so that you know, I was born in this quaint little town, but moved away when I was 11, about 40 years ago. Wanted to take new hubby to my old birthplace, and heard about this renovated inn. When I was a kid it was a mill of some type, maybe abandoned. Wow! What a beautiful place. It's part hotel, part museum, because they have some very cool photos blown up as their art, with explanations of each. I did not know there was so much history in the building...(they made the linens for the Titanic in the mill that was formerly occupying the Inn). I had a street view, which was still super quiet...I guess the brick walls give a lot of soundproofing. The place is just beautiful and next time I will get a room on the river side, because it is mesmerizing. I stayed for three nights and there was a breakfast included...silly me...I didn't check out the breakfast until the last morning...breakfast was in the attached restaurant and it was fabulous. Just kicked myself for missing it the first two days. They really did this renovation right, and the nice details like the soap! shampoo! conditioner dispenser instead of tiny little bottles! was classy.

Room Tip: River side for more ambience.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank laulea84Arkansas
Melbourne, Florida, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013

What a fantastic place!!! The staff was very friendly and helpful - they upgraded my room when they realized I had my 12yr old son with me and one queen size bed wouldn't do. My son ended up with a fever and the front desk person made sure to bring me aspirin and do everything he could to make sure we were ok and comfortable. The atmoshpere is beautiful - there is a fireplace in the the lobby with free hot chocolate, coffee, tea and cookies. It is such a warm and cozy place. The rooms are very, very clean and a nice size. The bed was so comfortable, we had a hard time falling asleep when we got back home. We ordered room service, the food was delicious. I wish we went to the restaurant while there but we didn't have the time. I will definitely be back, this is now one of my favorite places to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelley P
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I am not into boutique off the beaten path hotels at all. But if you are ever in the area and need a place to stay, skip all the chains (hard for this Marriott devotee to say) and stay here. And eat at the restaurant attached to the hotel. I had escargot, ceasar salad and a perfectly cooked piece of salmon. This is an old mill converted to a modern inn and the completely updated ammenities blended with the rustic beams and decor are incredible. Ask for a river view, what a peaceful rush to fall asleep to after a long day. To say I'm a hotel snob is not a stretch so those that know me know this is a good hotel. Enjoy!!

Btw, the beds are huge feather topped and incedibly comfortable!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 12pmer
Tewksbury
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Very pretty inn close to Mt. Sunapee.
Pros: Beautiful decor. The mill building renovations are great. Comfortable room. Clean. Good attention to sustainability and recycling. Covered walkway to the restaurant. Neat hot tub room, I had the whole thing to myself!
Cons: Not too soundproof (but not bad considering it is an old mill). In the morning, the water from the sink and shower was yellow. I didn't want to take a bath or brush my teeth in it. That was not the case at night. The floor above us was undergoing some sort of renovation, and workers were talking loudly, hammering, and dropping things at 8:30am. Next time we would ask for a bottom floor room.

Room Tip: Bottom floor rooms would probably be quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LDC1795
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Very nice and spacious reception, nice detail were all the games laid out for you to play.
Restauration of the mill done with care and attention to detail.
Our room was beautifully decorated, spacious, nice bathroom.
Excellent stay and a good, similarly restaured restaurant closeby

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fryske67
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here recently after a week of driving around New England to see the fall colors....we were really taken back by how nice the Common Man Inn was. It felt like you were stepping back in time a bit or rather just had a rustic lodge feel to it. The restaurant connected to the Inn was awesome as was the complimentary breakfast the next morning. It's a little on the pricey side for us, but it was worth it!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BlueHaggard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremont
Holiday Inn Express Springfield
Snapdragon Inn
Snapdragon Inn
#1 of 4 in Windsor
Mountain Edge Resort & Spa at Sunapee

Been to The Common Man Inn? Share your experiences!