“Not so good anymore”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating
Londonderry, Vermont
“Not so good anymore”
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We've enjoyed Brickers in the past for a quick bite after a Sunday grocery shopping trip. Last time we visited the food was less than appealing in looks and taste. The salad bar, usually enough for a nice light meal was meager in its offerings and toppings. The salad dressing pots were near empty and hadn't been wiped so picking up a scoop left your hand needing washing. We overheard a waitress talking about some owner/family squabbling which might account for the change in food and service and level of care.

• Visited April 2013

Springfield, Vermont
“Good food in nice place”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Good amount of food given and a very nice atmosphere. Average dishes but something for everyone. Fast and polite service.

Visited February 2013
Claremont, New Hampshire
“Drive on by”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I've been in this place a couple of times. The first time I was not overly impressed. The atmosphere is somewhat dull. No TV, no music, just the background noise of the restaurant.

I did like the salad bar but on the first trip, However, there was no bread and I waited for about 10 minutes before someone took the time to restock the bread on the salad bar. Nothing is labeled, so it's kind of "best guess" at what you are getting if you don't recognize something. I could not tell if the Feta was Feta or blue cheese so I had to ask.

My most recent visit was a disaster. We waited a good 30 minutes from the time we ordered until the time the food showed up. I ordered Marsala Steak tips. They brought me a bowl of meat in broth with mushrooms. I think the broth was supposed to be gravy but the consistency was very thin, almost watery. The waitress did not bring a steak knife and my wife suggested that I try the meat before I asked for one. The first bite was like rubber. I could barely chew it. The meat tasted like it had been sitting for quite some time. It had almost a gamey taste to it. I had asked for my meat to be cooked "Medium" but this was more like Overdone!

I took one more bite and I pushed the dish away as the second piece was just as bad. We sat for about 10 more minutes and the waitress never came back to ask how the food was so we eventually flagged her down. I told her that the steak tasted like an old boot and I could not eat it. She took my plate and left.

A few minutes later, she came back with our check and said that the manager was charging me full price for the salad bar ($9.95) because I didn't eat my meal. The salad bar price with the meal is $4.95. I asked to speak to the manager so the waitress went over and told the manager that I wanted to speak to her. The manager looked at me twice and went the other way. I waited another 10 or 15 minutes while my wife boxed up her leftovers. I got up and walked over to the manager and said I had been waiting to speak to her. She said, "I'm really busy right now waiting on someone else. You will have to wait until I have time to come and talk to you." I told her that I had already been waiting almost 15 minutes to which she responded. "As I said, I'm very busy."

I told the manager that she had a lot of nerve sending out moistened tree bark, calling it steak tips and then penalizing me 5 dollars for not eating it. My wife asked her what her name was and she smugly replied "Jessica!" My wife then asked who we could call to speak to and the manager replied, "You can call and speak to Jessica!"

I said to my wife "Come on honey let's go. We just won't eat here anymore." Jessica replied "That's fine with me!"

When driving through Claremont, NH, drive right past this place on Washington St (rt 103) and go into the downtown area and go to New Socials on Pleasant St. You will be much better off. If I could give Bricker's 0 stars I would.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Dave L
Newport, New Hampshire
“Great for Lobsters”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

A fairly big menu with average entree choices. Lobsters out of the tank and Prime Rib, when available, are the best choices. A typical family restaurant, it has been an establishment in Claremont for many years

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Rolf7123
Bellows Falls, Vermont
“No more”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Used to go to this restaurant all the time. They had great food and shrimp on salad bar. NOT any more. don't know what happened but this place is not so good anymore. Last time I when in found a salad bar that was gross, and the meal very disapointing . Hope they can get it together . we used to love this place and went often. NO MORE

• Visited September 2012