“Look no farther”

North Country Smokehouse
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Claremont
More attraction details
Owner description: In business for over seventy-five years, this smokehouse ships specialties all over the U.S.
Reviewed 16 October 2013

if you love smoked meats. I ordered from them last Christmas through their website. My family was immediately hooked so we made it a definite stop on our fall foliage tour. Prices are a little higher when ordering online but well worth it. Since my 6 pounds of smoked bacon will be long gone by Christmas and we live over 200 miles away, I will be ordering online again. Best smoked bacon and sausages we ever had.

There are newer reviews for North Country Smokehouse

Reviewed 13 August 2012

While planning a trip to the Lake Sunapee area we also searched for 'smokehouses'. North Country Smokehouse was on our way.
The aroma of the smoking meat was wonderful when we arrived.
This is not a store, but a business which is open on weekdays. The product sheet, with prices, was on the counter to be filled out and within a few mimutes the order was ready They do also have an extensive online site for mail order.
Our favorite was the Maple Cured Center Cut Bacon--- delish !

1  Thank BamTgg
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We live locally and have preferred North Country bacon and ham, of all the local choices, for years. This Thanksgiving,we hosted a lot of family. My cousin, who is a foodie, wanted to visit the Smokehouse itself the day after Thanksgiving and buy some of their things. I had always bought their products in the grocery store, and not at the smokehouse itself. But, willing to do whatever my visiting cousin wanted, I drove him and his family over. Its a nondescript building on the edge of town. But what a surprise inside! Very friendly, happy to welcome us, the owner himself came out to greet us. And the variety of food available was amazing! Smoked mozerella, house smoked delicious pepperoni, duck breast, a wide variety of sausages, much more than the local grocery store stocks. I have been back a couple times since. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank GSWK
A TripAdvisor Member
Lebanon, NH
Reviewed 5 August 2004

The products available from the NorthCountry Smokehouse are fantastic! My favorites include Apple-smoked bacon and the excellent Hams (various varieties). I would highly recommend these products to anyone. They have a great web site and mail their products worldwide. We are indeed fortunate to be able to purchase these products in the supermarket.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member