“1st place to check out when in Claremont, NH”
Review of New Socials Bar and Grill - CLOSED

New Socials Bar and Grill
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Relaxed Atmosphere with a Touch of Class
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have visited Claremont, NH for business a few times and am sorry to say, I'm finally getting around to reviewing New Socials. I was there again just last week.

This is the best place to eat in Claremont, but is not an excellent restaurant, just very good. All the staff is helpful and pleasant. There is a good selection of appetizers, I had the Pinchos (spelling?) last time. Which are beef skewers, the flavor being a rich smokey - almost tabacco like, but excellent and not cigarrette like. The wings and egg rolls (3 types) are also a good choice.

Every main course I've had has been very good, so pick your favorite, you will not lose. The menu changes, it seems with the seasons, probably to get the freshest foods available at the time.

There is music and open mike a few times during the week, so far so good on the music scene.
The bar is a good place to socialize or just sit and watch TV/sports/news - 3 screens. During happy hour; 5:00 - 6:30 I believe, hummmm, that would make it a happy hour and 1/2, there are draft and drink specials, as well as food deals. There are a few high top tables in the bar area, besides the bar itself

Prices are above average for the area, but not out of line. I will keep dining @ New Socials, when in Claremont, NH

2  Thank vballgeo19

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were a group of four who arrived early and were seated immediately. Nice quiet booth away from the busy bar. Three dollar house wines served from 430 to 730. Our table took advantage !
We shared the bang bang shrimp for an appetizer, and everyone enjoyed. One side garden salad was ordered and was fresh and delicious. Main courses were lobster stuffed haddock, osso buco , sirloin tips, and chicken fettuccini alfredo. Everyone loved their entrees.
Sides were roasted potatoes, green beans, rice etc. Everyone was happy with their meals and the excellent service. We ordered desserts and coffee. Crème brulee, and a chocolate decadence. Delicious and enough for all four of us to share with leftovers. We will return when we are back in the area!

1  Thank worker1234
Reviewed 24 August 2013

All in all, I have mixed feelings about the restaurant. The food overall was good, but not great. The egg roll sampler was good, but the steak tips were under done and had little flavor ( no blue cheese at all). The Tuscan chicken sandwich was okay. The creme brûlée for dessert was one of the best every. The ambiance was nice, but the live music was loud (but a good band). I will try the restaurant again, but I will not be in a rush, as it was expensive for the quality.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

On the way to visit friends we passed through Claremont, New Hampshire. Time for lunch so we looked around and liked the look of New Socials Bar and Grill. The ambience is rather like a sports bar. We were delighted to see a menu with lots of good sounding and healthy choices. Most important ,it seems nowadays, there were items specifically gluten free with the warning however that fried foods shared the same oil so would not be 100% gluten free. I had a Baja Fish Wrap with beer battered haddock, apricot jalepeno glaze, southwestern slaw, tequila corn relish in a roasted red pepper wrap with a side of quinoa salad, delicious. My husband had the tuscan chicken sandwich with a caesar salad and also declared it delicious. Their menu is a joy to read and we noted that the food is fresh and beef is local, antibiotic and hormone free from humanely raised cows. The staff was very pleasant. We would stop there as a first choice any time we pass by Claremont. Closed Sunday and Monday
The web site is newsocialsbarandgrill.com

Reviewed 7 August 2013

What a great place! If you are in the area, it's a must. We had a fantastic dining experience...can't wait to go back!