“excellent service; small, clean rooms”

Northern Comfort Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Colebrook
Northern Comfort Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Colebrook
Galway, Ireland
“excellent service; small, clean rooms”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I pre-booked this motel en route to Maine, staying as a family of four in one room. The owner Jim -- as others have noted here -- excels at making you welcome, offering sound advice and treating customers like old friends. The rooms are clean, exuding a rustic kind of feel and are fully functioning. They also proved to be a bit on the small side -- I would not opt to sleep the four of us in one room, contrary to what I was told. Mind you, we're not spoiled -- it's just that the beds tend towards the smaller side of whatever counts as "Queen-sized". Overall recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

In town for a funeral. The room is clean. Nothing fancy here, but I felt safe and it was fine for a comfortable night's stay. Owner was very nice Amd offered good recommendations for restaurants, etc. Rates are reasonable. Bring your own hair dryer and conditioner. Would recommend this little place for anyone passing through Colebrook.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AlphaGam70
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed here for one night last Monday after seeing this inn while driving through Colebrook. I had just flown into Burlington and needed a place to stay before hiking in the White Mountains the next day. I didn't expect much seeing this inn from the road, but what a surprise after I checked in! The owner Jim was very personable and made me feel at home. He struck conversation with me and also asked what brought me so far north to New Hampshire. The room had a lot of space (especially coming from NYC where hotel rooms are quite small) and the beds were extremely comfortable. I felt like I was living in a luxury log cabin. The room also had a refrigerator and DISH network flat screen TV. At $69 a night, this was more than I got for my money.

Also the bathroom was very clean. The only problem I had was that the toilet flushing power was not that strong. The shower was polished and had nice water pressure.

I will definitely return on my next visit to New Hampshire.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank reztrop
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My husband & I stayed here for two nights and couldn't have been happier. The rooms are spotless and beautifully rustic with pine walls; not cheap paneling but the real deal! There is a fridge in the room, a flat screen TV with satellite, and even a recliner to put your feet up. The owners are very sweet & they welcomed our spoiled pooch as well. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sharon R
Mannheim
Reviewed 10 October 2013

There are not so many reasonable accomodations in Northern NH, but this one. Jim is very friendly and helpful, the beds are comfortable and the rooms are well equipped. The price is very reasonable. Coffee or tea may be taken at the front desk.

Room Tip: Don't take a room near the noisy Coca Cola automat!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Been a loyal customer for over 20 years. This is not a nationwide brand motel and the service is friendly and top notch. I am sure that guests are known by their first name and are treated as family. There are a few options to stay in the Great North Woods in New Hampshire but the Northern Comfort Motel is my only choice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Newport, New Hampshire
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Sweet rooms, knotty pine woodwork, spotless, with comfortable beds and soft sheets. The Northern Comfort Motel is wonderful. I frequently travel for work to Colebrook, and Jim and Lisa could not be kinder or more welcoming. They add their personal touch and caring to their work and make sure the guests are well cared for. I would stay no where else. They know me when I call and know which room I like the best. I count on them entirely. What more is there to say then that?

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ann S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colebrook
Colebrook Country Club & Motel
Tall Timber Lodge
Tall Timber Lodge
#2 of 12 in Pittsburg
A Peace of Heaven Bed and Breakfast

Been to Northern Comfort Motel? Share your experiences!