“More like visiting a friends home”

Northern Comfort Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Colebrook
Northern Comfort Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Colebrook
NJ
“More like visiting a friends home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have stayed here for several years now (usually 2-3 times a year) & have nothing but good things to say it. The Kenneys always great me like an old friend which adds to the comfort & security I feel during my stay. One trip, last year, I arrived at night during a major blackout in the entire area. The Kenneys brought out cheese & crackers in the lobby & then we ordered dinner from a place that had a generator. Great conversation & some laughs... it was almost disappointing the power came back on so soon. Just returned from another trip & another delightful stay at Northern Comfort. I don't require fancy. I want clean, comfortable & secure, & this fits the bill perfectly. Add in the cozy rooms & the Kenneys & I'm a happy camper.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I pre-booked this motel en route to Maine, staying as a family of four in one room. The owner Jim -- as others have noted here -- excels at making you welcome, offering sound advice and treating customers like old friends. The rooms are clean, exuding a rustic kind of feel and are fully functioning. They also proved to be a bit on the small side -- I would not opt to sleep the four of us in one room, contrary to what I was told. Mind you, we're not spoiled -- it's just that the beds tend towards the smaller side of whatever counts as "Queen-sized". Overall recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

In town for a funeral. The room is clean. Nothing fancy here, but I felt safe and it was fine for a comfortable night's stay. Owner was very nice Amd offered good recommendations for restaurants, etc. Rates are reasonable. Bring your own hair dryer and conditioner. Would recommend this little place for anyone passing through Colebrook.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AlphaGam70
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed here for one night last Monday after seeing this inn while driving through Colebrook. I had just flown into Burlington and needed a place to stay before hiking in the White Mountains the next day. I didn't expect much seeing this inn from the road, but what a surprise after I checked in! The owner Jim was very personable and made me feel at home. He struck conversation with me and also asked what brought me so far north to New Hampshire. The room had a lot of space (especially coming from NYC where hotel rooms are quite small) and the beds were extremely comfortable. I felt like I was living in a luxury log cabin. The room also had a refrigerator and DISH network flat screen TV. At $69 a night, this was more than I got for my money.

Also the bathroom was very clean. The only problem I had was that the toilet flushing power was not that strong. The shower was polished and had nice water pressure.

I will definitely return on my next visit to New Hampshire.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank reztrop
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

My husband & I stayed here for two nights and couldn't have been happier. The rooms are spotless and beautifully rustic with pine walls; not cheap paneling but the real deal! There is a fridge in the room, a flat screen TV with satellite, and even a recliner to put your feet up. The owners are very sweet & they welcomed our spoiled pooch as well. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sharon R
Mannheim
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

There are not so many reasonable accomodations in Northern NH, but this one. Jim is very friendly and helpful, the beds are comfortable and the rooms are well equipped. The price is very reasonable. Coffee or tea may be taken at the front desk.

Room Tip: Don't take a room near the noisy Coca Cola automat!