“Excellent Food and Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Barley House
Ranked #1 of 157 Restaurants in Concord
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Concord's choice for quality food, top-notch service, and fresh local micro-brews. Located across the street from the State Capitol, The Barley House is a popular spot for business lunches, parties, after-work crowds, and culinary pleasure seekers.
new jersey
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I had just arrived in Concord NH, after a 6-hour long drive. My friends were already dinning at the Barley House in town, so I joined them. Our waitress could be not been more gracious and accommodating. As per a friends recommendation, I ordered the hamburger; it was excellent, fresh, and prepared perfectly. (I am very selective when it comes to hamburgers). The prices are so reasonable for the quality.

Andover, New Hampshire
“Quality Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Barley House was a lunch stop while in Concord. The food was excellent, well presented and good value. Interior is a little dark in the bar area. Bartender/Server was friendly and attentive to customer needs.

Visited June 2014
Cape Cod
“Seriously fabulous food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We went during burger week and had the most incredible venison burgers we've ever had. Our server was amazing, had a wicked sense of humor, and the joint itself had a really fun and hip atmosphere to dine it. It's a busy place, so early dinner, if you want to avoid crowds, is best. The drinks were yummy and well made, and the appetizer selection was interesting, different and delicious. SO glad we stopped in and got to try it!

New England
“Come for Beer, Stay ( and come back often!) for the Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

We came here with two other couples for a pre-concert dinner on Sat night. We read the reviews on TripAdvisor since none of us had been to the Barley House before. Kudos to the reviewers for nailing it! A great foodie find! Solid beer selection, but most of us had either Grey Goose & Tonic or Manhattans....which were lovely. Service was friendly and timely. We ordered the Blarney Puffs, fried crispy brusselmrouts, fried calamari, and buffalo chicken tebders for apps. Best calamari ive ever had, and the brussel sprouts with lemon garlc dipping sauce were to die for.
Huge thanks to guy who answered the phone earlier in the day. He told me they dont take reservations and advised getting there by 5:30 instead of 6 pm on a Sat if we wanted a table without a long wait. He was spot-on with that advice. We will be back! Yummy food, nice vibe.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Concord, New Hampshire
“The Barley House is More Interesting than I Expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

When you see the outside of the Barley House, directly across from the NH Capitol Building in Concord, it looks like a pub. A nice pub, but a pub. It is a little dark on the bar side, and there are plenty of stools and taps at the bar. The beer selection is interesting, and the service is quite prompt. This is pretty much what I expected because it looks like a pub.

What I found to be great was that the food was much more varied and interesting than I expected. This isn't some gastropub experience ( which I love too, mind you), but rather it is inventive and tasty pub food. The first time my wife and I ate there, I was surprised to find a very tasty gazpacho on the specials board. This week there is a charity fundraiser with a variety of burgers ranging from heavy-duty beef concoctions to venison, soft-shell crab, and quinoa.

The servers know their beers, and have made good recommendations for friends we have brought with us, and the menu changes enough that I still find it a good place to go for a bite.

Overall the experience is just a little more than a 4-star pub recommendation. So, 5-stars it is for the Barley House, a little more interesting than just a pub.

1 Thank Jack D

Been to The Barley House? Share your experiences!