“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Common Man

The Common Man
Ranked #3 of 157 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Common Man restaurant in Concord, N.H., located in New Hampshire's capital city, offers a variety of options to our guests - from our comfortable expanded lounge, Doc's Primary Pub, and deck areas, to our cozy dining room with crackling fireplaces, and private event rooms for functions. Choose from classic comfort cuisine such as Three Cheese Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Country Meatloaf or our famous Roast Prime Rib.
Montreal, Canada
“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Great food but not much choice. It's a two pages menu so you better find something you like in there. Garlic bread is delicious.

Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Warwick, Rhode Island
“HIGHLY Recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was the first time my husband and I had the pleasure of eating here and it was a fabulous experience. It started with the décor of the restaurant, the fantastic wait staff, the outstanding food that was beyond excellent, to the little pieces of white chocolate at the end of your meal to the little book they bring the bill in that they suggest you sign and leave a message in.

Was a wonderful experience from start to finish, HIGHLY recommend and will definitely make the 3 hour drive to eat here again.. and again!!!

Visited July 2014
“Fantastic Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Quick friendly service and plenty of seating. I ordered the farmhouse omelette - I was served quickly and tasted as a great breakfast should. I would definitely return.

Tanabe, Japan
“Average brunch spot.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Came here for Sunday brunch with my boyfriend. I had eaten at a diner a few years back that was in "The Common Man family" of restaurants, so I figured it would be a comparably pleasant experience.

Our waitress seemed very nervous or something, even mentioning to us that she "doesn't ever work on Sunday." The service wasn't bad per se, just quite awkward.

I had an omelette and my boyfriend had the steak and chips. Our waitress did not even know that the latter item was on the menu and needed to be shown where it was. Our food came out quite quickly for a busy Sunday morning, but we were rather unimpressed.

My omelette had half-melted mozzarella cheese in the middle (it was not supposed to come with any) and the avocados had been soaked in lemon juice which made them bitter and unpleasant to eat with the other omelette ingredients. While I understand that this was done to prevent browning, it seems like no consideration was given in regard to the flavor change. My boyfriend ordered the steak and chips, which he also said was so-so. The "chips" in his entree were the same dried out home fries that came with my omelette.

I had high hopes because I was charmed by the big, open dining room and the "family-style" feel at this restaurant. I also liked that they use paper instead of a tablecloth on the tables so diners can entertain themselves with games or doodle while they wait for food.

That being said, the food was disappointing and the service was painfully average, so we will not be going back!

• Visited July 2014
Rhode Island
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I had dinner here on 7/5/14, since we were staying next door at the Fairfield Inn for the one night. We had never eaten at The Common Man before or heard of the chain but after reading some reviews thought we would give it a try. Let me say, I have Gluten issues, so it's not always easy for me to eat out. Thankfully they had a Gluten Free menu, a couple of dessert choices that were G Free which is huge for me, and the décor is very "country" but done nicely. Overall, we were pleasantly surprised! The Filet Mignon was tender and delicious, although the Bernaise was a bit bitter for our liking, and the Strawberry Shortcake (my husband's) and Crème Brulee (mine) were fantastic!! This happened to be our Anniversary weekend and The Common Man was a great choice! As a side note, I had read an earlier review that suggested eating outside on the patio at sunset. We looked at that area, BUT, as an fyi, it's TINY with three tables crammed in out there, which overlook the parking lot... Not my idea of a romantic spot but just throwing it out there... Enjoy!

• Visited July 2014