“Fantastic Food... Service just OK” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Common Man

The Common Man
Ranked #3 of 157 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Common Man restaurant in Concord, N.H., located in New Hampshire's capital city, offers a variety of options to our guests - from our comfortable expanded lounge, Doc's Primary Pub, and deck areas, to our cozy dining room with crackling fireplaces, and private event rooms for functions. Choose from classic comfort cuisine such as Three Cheese Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Country Meatloaf or our famous Roast Prime Rib.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fantastic Food... Service just OK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

I had the Portsmouth Pie. It was great. Fresh seafood, real mashed potatoes, seasonal veggies... you can't get better than that. The service was awkward. One person took my order, another brought the food, I had to hunt down my own silverware, another asked how my food was, another asked about dessert and rung me, took so long to swipe my card I was ready leave without paying, another thanked me for coming. I have no idea who my server was but hey.... the food was good.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Connecticut
“Over all, Weird.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I had written a rave of a quick bite we enjoyed at the bar a while back but, having come for a full service dinner for four, I have to say I will not return. We had one of those overly familiar waiters who was the only one who thought he was hilarious, the food was underwhelming and we were not told that there is free dip and crackers available but had to investigate on our own. The staff did attentively refill water glasses and the ladies downstairs were very welcoming but the entire experience felt odd. The potential is there but all, in all, it was a disappointment.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Grapevine, Texas
“not a good experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Very slow service, and, they were confused and brought out the appetizer again thinking it hadn't ever been brought to the table.

The wife received a plate of mussels which were almost all closed.

In fairness the waitress was very accomodating and the manager immediately ordered a new plate.

We all came out of there with our clothes smelling like grease.

And the prices were not "common man". So all in all I would not recommend this place.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Clive L
“Good Food, Good Beer, Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I came to try out this place thanks to TripAdvisor's (and the CVS Clerk from across the street) recommendation.
I decided to try out the Liberty lounge upstairs and was not disappointed.
When I walked in the cook in the open kitchen greeted me, gave me some yummy samples and recommended different dishes.
I sat at the bar and immediately felt the New England spirit while everyone was cheering for the Red Sox playing against the Cardinals.
Both bar tenders were very helpful with directing me to the right beer (the fairly local Harpoon UFO White) and the right dish (the Grilled Chicken Sandwich).
I ended up substituting the mustard with their delicious pesto and was not disappointed!

Visited August 2014
Boston
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Wow, what an underwhelming experience. We're locals, not tourists and know we're not in for a gourmet meal, but after today we will never be back. Sat at the 1st bar 430 in the afternoon, very few people, 1st bartender attentive at first then disappeared, 2nd bartender apparently didn't want to be there. Waited 45 minutes for food, when we inquired where it was she went to the kitchen, came back with it and said they're very busy in the kitchen. Waited for drinks, then waited 30 minutes to pay the tab. Food was just ok, service appalling. Did speak to the manager on the way out and she seemed apologetic.Managers might want to roam the restaurant to see whats going on because this was just bad.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PatCD

Been to The Common Man? Share your experiences!