“Good food”

The Common Man
Ranked #7 of 167 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Common Man restaurant in Concord, N.H., located in New Hampshire's capital city, offers a variety of options to our guests - from our comfortable expanded lounge, Doc's Primary Pub, and deck areas, to our cozy dining room with crackling fireplaces, and private event rooms for functions. Choose from classic comfort cuisine such as Three Cheese Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Country Meatloaf or our famous Roast Prime Rib.
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I really liked the bread basket with chocolate zucchini bread and nice dinner rolls. The complimentary cracker and cheese spreads were yummy. A salad bar would have been nice. It was a very carby meal.
I got the apple maple chicken and stuffing. Very good. My sons enjoyed burgers.
Service was pleasant but very slow. We were there almost 2 hours. I’d go again though. The food was good. Interesting old house.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Have only been once but enjoyed it a lot and plan to go back again when we are having a three generations family dinner.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

We went here because the location was walking distance from our hotel. It was our first time in The Common man. We decided to sit in the bar lounge area because we are not big eaters and only want a bite and some drinks. I had what would be considered a spicy dirty martini. They had a cute name for it but it escapes me at the moment. This was the smoothest dirty martini I have ever had. My boyfriend had a local IPA and was very pleased also. For our food we ordered two starters one being pulled pork sliders and the other a BLT flatbread . Both were very tasty but for me their basil aioli was a little heavy on the flatbread. Just a tad too rich. We finished our drinks and appetizers and moved from our pub table to the comfy couch seating for a second drink. I opted for another martini but a sweet one this time. It was another great drink. I love drink menus and would have loved to work my way through them all but I would not have been able to walk back to out room so we stopped at two and figured we would try more next time. The waiter and the bartender were fabulous. They also have help yourself crackers and cheese. Several kinds of cracker choices and a block of white cheddar to cut as much as you like. They also had two dipping sauces. One I would say was a horseradish with ketchup and cottage cheese and the second a spinach and sour cream. Be careful as you could easily fill up on this and miss the wonderful food on the menu.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

We came to the restaurant on the recommendation of our hotel in Concord, on the night of July 4th. Likely, on that night, most employees take the day off. Hence the service was almost excrutiating slow, and the servers were keeping a game face in spite of a more or less full house.
It was 95 degrees that day in Concord, and the restaurant upstairs bar were we waited for a table, was hot, and full, with many dishes on unoccupied tables. It took at least 15 minutes to get a drink, and we soon after we were seating, in the half full restaurant downstairs. There was a cheese and cracker bar, but most diners, seemed to be waiting a long time for any food, and seemed to be okay with that.
We had a very good dinner, and were very surprised by the very extensive menu, and wondered how an establishment could possibly maintain such a large menu. The restaurant offers many knickknacks for sale, have other establishments, and are apparently a hospitality force in the area.
There were 3 bars in the restaurant, and many tables in the wood and historically decorated, comfortable restaurant.
The portions were significant, the table service was good once under way, (we were at the end of their night), and our waitress was quite pleasant. I'd definitely go back, if in the area again, but plan for the less crowded hour, as there are so many patrons in the establishment, I don't know how they can keep up with the load.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

This place was within walking distance from our hotel. As if that wasn't good enough, we were greeted by a very friendly staff member. We chose to sit near the pub and were almost immediately greeted by a server. They had a great and varied drink menu. The cocktails we had were the best thanks to the bartender Paul, kudos.Our server, Tamara (hope I got that right) could not have been more attentive. She could not have done any better with meeting our needs. Kudos to her as well. Would not hesitate to visit here again.

Been to The Common Man? Share your experiences!