“Special evening”

O'Steaks and Seafood South
Reserve with OpenTable
O'Steaks and Seafood South is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 166 Restaurants in Concord
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 11 s main st
Description: Another "must dine" created by Chef Owner Scott Ouellette, O Steaks & Seafood South is located in Concord, ME. Offering only the freshest ingredients we work to bring you the classic steak house with something extra. Steak not your choice? Try the Lobster Mac & Cheese or one of our freshly prepared seafood dishes. Don't miss the Corn Pudding which is a must have or the Kobe Beef O pops. O Steaks and Seafood's wine list has been hand selected by Scott offering over twenty wines by the glass.
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is your only option for a "special evening" in Concord. O doesn't disappoint, though it doesn't wow either. We visited for our anniversary, had appetizers, drinks, dessert and enjoyed the atmosphere and tastes.

1  Thank Ian F

Reviewed 27 September 2013

The restaurant area is very dark and it is hard to see your food.
Traditional escargot is not besides the dish they put it in.
Salmon is frozen not fresh
Colby meatloaf was horrible. Why would you take such a lovely meat and make meatloaf? Steak or Roast is more appropriate.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

My friend and I have been to this restaurant several times. We went again about 20 minutes before the kitchen closed at night. We sat at the bar. We wanted to eat, and we had to inquire of the server whether the kitchen was still open which he did not know. He said that since the kitchen would be closing soon we might not be able to get food. We asked him to check. After returning to us to confirm the kitchen was still open but we needed to order quickly, we basically ordered from memory (because he didn't make a menu available). We ordered steak with au poivre and two sides as well as drinks.

Drinks (spirits) were quite large and reasonably priced for the size. The steak was fine, but not medium as ordered - more like medium rare. Mid way through the meal we asked about the bag of breads we've had previously when dining there, and the server said he could check but they would take some time to bring out. At this point we didn't really want to eat bread after the meal so we decided not to request the bread. All the while irritating Kenny G type elevator music was playing - at least it wasn't that loud.

The food was ok not great for the steep price, but the service was lackluster. My dining companion is in the hospitality business and thought the server could have done better. He could have known for sure whether the kitchen was open. If the kitchen was open he could have committed to providing good service by making it easy for us to order: he could have asked us right away if we needed a menu and then provided it. He could have made our experience more pleasant and less like an afterthought by asking us before the meal about the bag of bread that we have received with similar orders before this, and not relying on us not to know about it. I think he tried to make up for this lack of hospitality and alertness by serving us large drinks, but we came there to eat.

All in all, it was an ordinary steeply priced meal with unhelpful service. I didn't feel well taken care of and felt this server just wanted to go home so he wasn't making an effort to provide good service. A good server could have turned our experience around, given the same circumstances, simply by handling the service part of the visit better and trying harder. I think this was our last visit to this restaurant.

2  Thank tr0utlily
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I went to visit a friend in Concord. We decided to go to O's for lunch to take advantage of the outdoor seating since it was a beautiful day. The atmosphere inside was very nice and contemporary, but we sat outside. We placed our order, I got the ahi tuna and she got the salmon BLT. When our meals arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. The presentation was was very nice. The portions were good, but I wish there was a little more tuna with my meal. There were plenty of noodles and vegetables and it tasted wonderful. My friend enjoyed her salmon BLT with sweet potato fries. Again, the portion was good and it was very tasty. We would definitely go there again.

1  Thank Anne L
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We didn't have reservations. When we got there, the bar was full but the dining room was less than half full. When we asked for a table, we were told it would be a 35 minute wait. We stepped outside to discuss if we wanted to wait that long. We decided to try another restaurant, but get the phone number in case we decided to come back. When we went back in, we were told that they had a table available. The entire time we were there, the dining room was more than half empty. I have no idea where the long wait time came from.

The dining room is nice, comfortable, but the noise from the bar was overwhelming. High ceilings with lots of metal amplifies and echoes. This could be easily remedied.

The food - we shared a calamari appetizer, which was delicious and a very generous serving. My friend had the short ribs with cheesy grits, and I had the seafood risotto. The short ribs were fork-tender, the grits tasty. My risotto was a bit under cooked for my taste, and I found a big piece of lobster shell in my food, but the flavor was very good.

The waiter was fairly attentive, but when I asked a question about the calamari, didn't know the answer and didn't show any interest in finding out from the chef.

I don't think I'd go back. The prices make it an occasional date-night type place for me, but the atmosphere (mainly, the noise from the bar area) wasn't conducive to an intimate evening out.

2  Thank judetravelr

Been to O'Steaks and Seafood South? Share your experiences!