“No decent choices, horrible value...”
Review of Red Apple Buffet

Red Apple Buffet
Ranked #101 of 159 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Chinese, American, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Concord, New Hampshire
“No decent choices, horrible value...”
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I go here once every couple of years because I forget how awful the food is. Buffets should offer a variety of choices, but this place is essentially like packaged foods from the grocery store or an old frozen meal from the 70's. If you like fried, high fat, sugary foods, you might like it. They have a salad bar but it is mostly jello and potato salads. For the price, it is not a good value, even if you don't mind a bunch of fried or processed crap.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank Kris S

Boscawen, New Hampshire
“Never again!”
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I found this buffet to be over priced for the quality of food andthe service. I watched our waitress the enentire time we were eating all she did was chat with another waitress, we actually had to interupt her conversation to get a drink refill and she never cleared our used plates so we had no room for new plates. We did complain to the manager only to be told you people waste to much food that's why they don't clear the plates. The only food that was wasted was the cold food that should be warm at the very least. I wouldn't recommend anyone going there. There's a decent buffet down the street and its hot food better service and cheaper prices

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank chrissyj69
“Best buffet”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We have been here a dozen times over the years..always hot food.. food is always being refilled..coconut chicken is the best..this buffet has the best selection in nh..competive price..

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank katieemerald
Hopkinton, New Hampshire
“variety choice”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

there was a taste from 4 different countries and atmosphere was nice giant wall aquarium seen from room to room through the aquarium really neat much elbow room also very nice staff.

• Visited August 2013
Mount Washington, New Hampshire
“Sad When Things Change”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We've been coming to the Red Apple for 14 years. We've always enjoyed the buffet and have never left feeling that we didn't get our money's worth. People were always friendly and the atmosphere was wonderful.
That all changed today!
We got in and I was shown to our table while my husband visited the rest room. When he came out I told him where our table was, and he went in and sat down with a bowl of soup while I filled my plate.
The next thing I know three women are yelling at my husband, who had accidentally gone to the wrong table! Worst of all, they were yelling in Chinese and he didn't understand what was happening.
Then it got worse.
The food was cold, and not cooked, Previously they had a good combination, but today it was limited.
My husband looked at me and noted I wasn't eating. I said that frankly between the food being so bad, and being treated so rudely, I just wanted to leave.
We finished up and after getting our bill corrected, we left.
In the car we talked about previous years when we had visited this restaurant, which had been family run. We'd always been treated well and had delicious meals.
Sad to say that the new owners don't know how to treat their clientele.

• Visited August 2013