“business trip - good experience”
Review of Courtyard Concord

Courtyard Concord
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Concord
New England
“business trip - good experience”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This hotel was a good experience for me. I stayed one night and traveled on business. Check in was quick and easy with pleasant staff. I found the entire hotel updated and clean. Parking was convenient, but the street is easy to right by and if you do it's not so easy turning around with medians and one way streets.

The food was very good at their bistro. You pay a reasonable price, but the cost of the room is low enough that $10 for a sandwich or breakfast is well worth is. The eating area and bar area have nice décor and are comfortable.

This hotel is also adjacent to meeting center for convenience.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Southcoast, MA
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business one Wednesday in November. It was freezing and we were greeted with piping hot chili and cookies in the lobby. Overall, the food was the only thing I was pleasantly surprised by. Breakfast was pretty good too with a combination of hot and cold offerings.

I am a loyal Marriott client but this hotel was a little low brow compared to our usual accommodations. It was directly adjacent to a major highway. The decor was outdated. That being said, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the staff were pleasant. Plus it was a bargain.

Though the stay was decent, I have nothing to rave about.

• Stayed November 2013
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed here on a stopover to Boston. Hotel was clean and the staff was very nice. Lobby and restaurant/coffee in the area was modern and was great if you're a business traveler with outlets on the booths for laptops. They have an saltwater mixed indoor pool with a jacuzzi which was great to relax in as well as an exercise room. Rooms were quiet and didn't hear other travelers. You have to drive to downtown, but it's not far.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Glendale, California
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We recently stayed at the Courtyard Concord for 2 nights.

Pros:
Very friendly and attentive staff
Nice, new lobby and bar and eating area
Fresh Starbucks available in the lobby restaurant
Easy access from the highway

Cons
Slow elevator - thankfully it's only a few stories
Rooms while well maintained have reached the end of their life expectancy
Mattress is old and needs replacing. As a Marriott Gold Elite I can say it's certainly not Marriott usual quality.

Overall it's a good option if priced right.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank elynchking
Howell, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in September 2013 while attending a wedding. I was quite surprised to see that the lobby and nearby lounge areas were under construction and inaccessible. The signs outside directed me to enter through the conference center. They were having a conference that day so parking was very limited in that area and I had to park pretty far away. There was a temporary lobby setup in that area and my check in went fine. However, it was quite a distance to get to an elevator with luggage. Despite this, the hotel was relatively quiet.

I stayed in a standard King room. The room was clean and comfortable. I enjoyed the fact that there was a balcony to get fresh air. The free continental breakfast was temporarily set up in a conference room due to the construction. It was nice, however there were a minimal amount of items to eat. The hotel is not that far from the center of town but you have to drive there because of it's proximity to the highway. It is actually located in a small office park.

I would probably stay there again after the construction was completed.

• Stayed September 2013
Long Island, ME
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Recently reconditioned Marriott. Was there for a class reunion in one of the meeting rooms. Great food - prime rib and chicken. Clean and upgraded comfortable rooms. Just completed a Starbucks cafe in the lobby - not bad. Ordered food at the counter, they delivered to the table rather quickely - they are still working out the kinks (opened up 9/27/13), but overall, was fine. If you arrive late and are a bit hungry, I suggest the 3 minute pepperoni pizza; enough for 2 and you can take it back to your room if you wish. Rates were reasonable and staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Westport, MA
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We booked this hotel specifically because they were close to Loudon NH where my husband was completing the driving experience at the race track. When we went to check in the hotel was under construction. This meant there was no pool or elevators in use. If it was just my husband and my self we would have stayed here. But because we had his 2 kids we really wanted the pool. The hotel did give us permission to use their sister hotels which were only 3 miles away. Great offer but we did not want to travel back and forth after being wet in a pool. So I asked the question if we could just switch hotels to one of their sister hotels. The woman at the front desk said one of the other hotels was sold out but they could switch us over to the other one. So that is what we did. Yes it was a little bit crazy but I thought the Hotel's service was amazing to be able to switch us over to the other hotel. We ended up staying at the Comfort Inn in Concord, NH. See the review on that hotel.. I would stay at this hotel after the construction is finished because of the customer service and still under construction they looked like a very nice hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family