“They Have Rooms with Two Beds” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Concord

Courtyard Concord
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Hinsdale, Illinois
“They Have Rooms with Two Beds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Seriously, that is why I picked this hotel. My sister and I came to New Hampshire for a memorial service and every other well rated Trip Advisor hotel with availability had only rooms with king beds. But it turned out to be a fine choice--the bed was comfortable, the room was very clean, the little bistro restaurant in the lobby served a nice breakfast. It was right off I-93, yet it was very quiet. And maybe five minutes to downtown Concord. The bathroom was a little dated but bonus points for the sink outside the bathroom. And it was also very clean. Staff was very courteous.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Mystic, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We arrived on Good Friday exhausted and sore after spending the day clearing a lot up north. We chose this hotel because it has rooms with Jacuzzis and after a long day of hard work we were looking forward to spending some time relaxing. The staff was attentive and courteous throughout our stay but when we ordered a bottle of red wine for our dinner it became nothing less than a fiasco. The young girl who was waiting on us in the bar had no idea where to find the wine even checking the fridge for our pint noir. After about 20 minutes we were told the manager was not there and they needed to wait for him because he was the only one with a key, mean while our food was arriving and in the interim no one even asked us if they could get us something else. I suggested if they had an open bottle of red we could share a glass until the bottle arrived, they found an open bottle of merlot and poured us a glass. Finally about 30 minutes into our meal they brought us a bottle of pinot but a much cheaper one than the one we ordered and not very good. I asked them if they had something else (I'm obviously a glutton for punishment) so the young girl without saying a word took both of our poured glasses and dumped them in the sink and took the bottle away. Hey it was terrible wine but better than nothing, so we continued to wait. Mean while we finished our food so I left my girlfriend to wait while I went to get the Jacuzzi started when I returned the manager was there with a new bottle of wine, one that I know is very good and probably sold for more than I paid for the meal including the wine. He tried to explain the reason for the issue was the hotel and restaurant were separate, I stopped him and told him I didn't care. It's not the customers problem how the business is structured, I'm staying at a Marriot and the restaurant is in the Marriot.
So the take home was this; the people overall were attentive and well meaning but poorly trained, this is a management issue. I know it was a holiday weekend and as my girlfriend said "the practice squad got stuck working". But this is a Marriot where I expect more, especially since I'm paying Marriott prices. In the end we enjoyed the wine and got a great nights sleep. Oh and one more thing in the morning at about 9 AM I went down to the café and asked for another cup of coffee but the kid said he just through out "all he had left" because he thought no one else would want coffee. Hey at least he was nice about it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Samantha Y, Manager at Courtyard Concord, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We wanted to sincerely apologize that you were not given the service you deserve. We pride ourselves on being able to offer you a enjoyable and relaxing stay, with staff trained and willing to assist. We take your comments as a way for us to better train our staff on being able to meet your needs. We would love the opportunity to have a chance to show you the service you deserve. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and we to serve you in the future.
Clinton, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Greeted by friendly staff immediately upon entering the hotel. Our room was clean and comfortable. Our son got sick while we were there and the staff attended to our extra needs without complaint and even offered extra help to us. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub. I would stay with them again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark804
Samantha Y, Manager at Courtyard Concord, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for this great review! We aim to provide great service and to make you feel welcomed and relaxed.
Bethlehem, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have attended several meetings and conferences at this location. These folks do an amazing job at hosting events and making everyone feel welcomed.

The location is easy to access from the highway. The entryway is bright and cheery. Both the conference center and hotel lobby are open and spacious and relaxing. I especially like the warm feeling in the café and in the hotel lobby where they serve breakfast and lunch. This is a very relaxing area for travel as well as business.

The food is very good. I have had all three meals in various forms. They do an excellent job with preparation and presentation. The service is always efficient with a friendly and outgoing staff. They use a great deal of local food products. They have even begun to grow their own greens in an on-site hydroponics unit.

I enjoy any chance to visit the Marriott and Conference Center. I know that it will be well managed event in a clean and inviting facility that is staffed with friendly and professional people. I look forward to returning again soon for another event or meeting.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank vspiotti
Samantha Y, Manager at Courtyard Concord, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Concord was enjoyable.

Uxbridge.ma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I booked this hotel for the pool. The staff had someone break a glass in the pool area Saturday night around 6:00 pm. They closed the pool past Sunday morning when I wanted to use it. I am contacting my credit card to dispute the charge. There is no way the hotel should have not bothered to clean the pool area after 12 hours.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Samantha Y, Manager at Courtyard Concord, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel a review. We do apologize that you did not get to enjoy the amenities that we offer with the glass that was broken in our pool. Everything we do is aimed at providing you a pleasurable experience. We hope you will give us an opportunity to deliver the service you deserve. Thank you.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

I had an extended stay at this hotel in July 2013.There was a major event occurring the day of our arrival, so we had difficulty following revised instructions to get to the hotel. Once we arrived, check-in was friendly, internet was functioning at a netflix-streaming speed, and my room was dated, but clean. I had plenty of drawers for my clothes, a nice microwave and sizeable refrigerator for leftover food, a sofa and coffee table, and desk. The bathroom was fine, albeit a little sterile, and the decor was dated. The bed linens have been updated, so no dirty comforter to sit on. However, the towels were thin and old, which is my other pet peeve.

The first week of our stay, we attempted to use the business center to print tickets for a boat cruise at a nearby city. I spent literally two hours trying to use both of the two available computers to print a PDF attachment from my gmail with our tickets, and ultimately was never able to do so, because the printer did not work and it took so long to open my gmail inbox. This is NOT a functioning business center by any modern sense of the word. The second week of our stay, they began renovating this lobby area, so I hope that they updated the business center in their renovations. Hotel staff tried valiantly to help us, but also had no printing capabilities at any of their front desk areas, and ultimately, we happened to get lucky and someone coming off their shift at the conference center was hanging out at the front desk and offered to let us use the printer from his office. So buyer beware -- ask and read some more updated reviews before you book with the intention of using of the business center.

I will say that my hotel was consistently and thoroughly cleaned each day. We had dinner and breakfast at the small restaurant during the first week (prior to renovation), and the food was decent by hotel standards, although the service was slow -- I gave them a free pass on that, given how busy they'd been with some Nascar event the day prior.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the hotel. I wanted to let you know since your stay we have finished renovations and could not be more pleased with the out come. We hope you are able to stay with us again and let us show you all the new things our hotel has to offer. Our business center is brand new and we have also updated our internet. Everything we do is aimed at providing you a positive experience and we would love the opportunity to show you the relaxing stay you deserve. Thank you.
Burlington, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel after leaving the Residence Inn because this location was more convenient and the group I was traveling with was leaving. It was clean, the staff was friendly, and the restaurant/food area was nice. However, of the two Marriott properties in Concord, the Residence Inn's rooms are much nicer. It all depends on what you need for your trip. I did not have a car, so this was what I needed because it was convenient for someone to pick me up and I could get dinner. I don't think they a spa and I could not get that button to unclick, so I made it average.

Room Tip: I hit the spa by mistake but could not undo it. It does have road noise. If you are a light sleeper...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Hampton Inn Concord/Bow
#1 of 8 in Concord
Comfort Inn Concord
Comfort Inn Concord
#7 of 8 in Concord

Been to Courtyard Concord? Share your experiences!