“Pleasant and Clean”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Connecticut
“Pleasant and Clean”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed here for one night with my two adult sons and it was fine. No more, no less. Our suite was pleasant with a nice balcony where we enjoyed a sunny morning. Though there was only one waste basket in the entire suite (none in the bathroom or corresponding sink "area, ") the rest of the suite was ample and, if you have an event to attend at the Grappone Convention Center, the hotel is connected. We prefer, by far, the Marriot Residence Inn, also in Concord but it was all booked. Would we stay here again? Yes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Boston, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Overall the hotel is just okay. Nothing great and nothing horrible that is except the bed. The mattress was so soft and lacking in support that my neck was stiff for days. We only stayed for 1 night and used points but it kind of ruined our next day of travel as driving with a stiff neck is not enjoyable. I swear I would have had a better nights sleep in the tacky desk chair.

Speaking of tacky the furniture in the rooms are reminiscent of a super 8 not a marriott property.

Stayed July 2014
Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The Room – was clean and the functional. The AC control was updated and easy to set. The fan-only option was also available. The bathroom was clean; however I did have to kill a spider which was on the ceiling. I also noted a spider on the outside of the window between the screen and inside window. The TV and remote were adequate for the room although channels do seem somewhat limited. The furniture, specifically the desk and chair were comfortable and functional for my computer. I found plenty of power plugs to charge my phones and computer. Wi-Fi internet access was very good and I received a friendly welcome from the front desk staff along with a bag of goodies which included two small bottles of water—which were very handy—before I was sent off to my room. You’re one exit away from major stores and the interstate. I believe they need to stay on top of the bugs by spraying inside and outside of the rooms, but overall this hotel met Marriott standards and I plan to visit it again when in Concord.

Room Tip: The elevator is not necessarily centrally located so if your room is at the opposite end of the hote...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
La Canada Flintridge, California
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Staying here while visiting a relative in the area. Clean rooms; very accommodating (they even came & put a roll-away in our room while we were at dinner). The staff are cheerful & accommodating. Parking is free (& after the crazy rates just paid for a week at a Marriott in Montreal, a refreshing change!). The food on-site is great & also served by cheerful staff. Freeway close.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Check In was great. No issues with the staff. The room I was in is definitely in need of some upgrades and renovation. Room layout did work for me - could swing the TV for use from both the desk and bed with no issues. They must have some type of occupancy detector because every night when I returned the room was hot. Immediately upon my arrival the unit would pump out cold air and get the room to my set temperature quickly, but I still had an issue with this. The lobby did have a facility for food and "adult" beverages if that is what you require. Easy to get to and off the beaten path enough that there was little ambient noise outside the facility. I saw that there was an overflow parking lot across the street, but I never had an issue getting a spot in front even with returning home late. I would visit this facility again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Rockland, Maine
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My 2014 Toyota Highlander GPS had a difficult time locating the exit. The room was clean and fairly comfortable but there seemed to be only one luggage cart and we finally gave up waiting on departure. No free coffee in lobby and those room machines make me wonder how clean they are and powdered creamer causes allergies. I much prefer Marriott Residence Inn or Spring Hill Suites. Even Fairfield's can often be more user friendly. As a Marriott Rewards Member I find their quality at Courtyard hotels rated lower. Some allow you to dine by item, many expect full buffet price for a piece of toast and coffee. At least be consistent.

Room Tip: Upper floors quiet away from elevator and exits.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Samantha Y, Manager at Courtyard Concord, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey of our hotel. We apologize that your stay was not as enjoyable as it should be. We strive to make our facility as relaxing and enjoyable as possible and we apologize that this was not the experience you received. We would love the opportunity to serve you in the future. Please contact me if there is anything I can of assistance with. Thank you.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 May 2014

After a week in New England we were heading to Boston and instead of driving another hour and a half we decided to spend the night in Concord. The hotel is close to the interstate. The staff were friendly. The room clean and spacious. And the price is about half of what a room in Boston runs.

Room Tip: We got a room facing away from the interstate and it was quiet even though the highway is nearby.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple