“Best chocolate croissants ... ever! ”

Bread and Chocolate
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Concord
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
New Hampshire
“Best chocolate croissants ... ever! ”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

If ever you are near here ... the chocolate croissants are delightful. Even worth a special trip ... you'll find yourself craving them ;)

Very tasty luncheon sandwiches to grab and go as well. Enjoy!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Like stepping into the Old World”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We were expecting something different, but once inside, the offerings were enticing. Eclairs, chocolate moose, coffee cakes, meringues, lemon bars - yes we got all that to enjoy at our final destination the next couple days. All was Superb!

Visited June 2014
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“A Touch of Europe”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

When in Concord, NH Bread & Chocolate is a must for a lunch stop. They offer a wide selection of standard and unique sandwiches. My favorite, hands down, is the Italian with fresh ingredients and absolutely the best bread one can experience. The sandwiches are large, so their unbelievable selection of deserts are something I need to bring home. Their name bears their signature item, which is a chocolate bread...tasty as a dessert or breakfast item. They have a European flair in many items, including a sourdough spelt bread, which is incredible.

• Visited March 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“A lunchtime favorite”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I would meet my husband for lunch here often. The sandwiches are on delicious bread (get there early if you want a specific sandwich-they go fast) and very generous. Of course we went here knowing we would get a dessert. Everything we have tried has been good. They also make cappuccinos to go with the wonderful pastries. On of our favorites.

• Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Our choice for tortes”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My family has been buying cakes from Franz since he first started in Hillsborough, and are always pleased. My favorite memory is getting a call from him a day or two before my wedding to nervously tell me that the yellow marzipan roses I'd requested for my cake were not available. When I chose pink at his suggestion, he commented "that was easier than I thought it would be." It wasn't the roses I was looking forward to, just that lovely cake and ganache. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

• Visited June 2013