“Tried again and no better--2.5 stars”
Review of Celery Stick Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Celery Stick Cafe
Ranked #108 of 162 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Healthy
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Yes, I love that there are alternatives to unhealthy eating but I stand by my past review on trying the bar a few more times. So salty, it's painful AND unhealthy to douse healthy foods in salt. Also the broccoli was souped up in a cheesy sauce that negated the health aspect. Still has that burned taste to many items, likely from sitting on sterno pans for hours. It could be so much better. I will go to the Spoon Revolution or Indigo kitchen instead. Far superior. Also, if you love healthy eats, try Sustys in Northwood. Convenience is the only plus here. VERY pricey too in my opinion.

There are newer reviews for Celery Stick Cafe

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The prepared foods section of the COOP is a healthier alternative than other fast food options but it is not gourmet food. They have soups, salads, hot entrees and cold. Some are pre-packaged and the hot foods and salads are available for you to choose as much as you'd like. I've had a number of different things both hot and cold - good for when you can't or don't want to cook but not the kind of food I crave or think about in between visits. I'm not much of a dessert person but they do have a large selection of baked goods available as well. I appreciate the choice being available and that I can always find plenty of vegetables and healthy food there.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

We had stopped by to see the new remodel at the NH Food COOP located in Concord, NH - The Celery Stick has been expanded to have a bakery, a huge deli counter - where sandwiches are available or can be made to order and a bunch of hot entrees - At $8.49 a lb, you can load up on mains, veggies, olives and at the soup buffet, you can dip by the cup -

I didn't taste the luncheon food but I did purchase a very pricey ($3.75) vanilla bean cupcake - that was positively AWESOME - The cake was very fresh and tasty and the vanilla frosting was the best I have ever tasted!

I was sharing my dessert with my husband who had chosen a rather pedestrian peanut butter cookie - However, my cupcake was so rich, I was able to share it with him anyway -

When you need a fix for something sweet - that cupcake is worth the money - You can make yourself a keurig coffee, and then sit with your cupcake and let its magic just take you over. The only problem is - I may never order a real lunch there - Afterall - who would want real food when the cupcakes taste soooo good?

Reviewed 29 December 2012

I've grabbed a meal here many times...enough times to know that some of the dishes will be fabulous, some will be so-so, some will be cold when they should be warm, some will be warm when they should be hot, and some will just plain be inedible. The meals are vegetarian, but not necessarily gluten or dairy free. When it's good, it's heavenly. When it's not, I've learned to accept it as part of the experience with the Celery Stick.

1  Thank robinstamm
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Revamped, enlarged and just as good as ever. You want soup? You want the freshest and healthiest food anywhere? This is your place.