“Deli and bakery for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Celery Stick Cafe

Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating
Concord, New Hampshire
“Deli and bakery for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I love to stop by the Celery Stick to see what kind of soup is on for lunch. There is always a choice of at least four or five homemade soups and/or gazpacho! If soup isn't what you want they have fresh sushi made to order for take out and plenty of salads and sandwiches to choose from. While you are at it, pick something up for dinner! They will package it up for you to take home. If you want hot food there are always hot food choices to make too! Truly a hidden gem when it comes to high quality lunch and take home meal items. Not to mention the bakery! Plenty of individual bakery times to munch on but also a great selection of baked goodies to take tot the office meeting or home for desert. You have to eat at the celery stick at least once!

• Visited June 2014

New Hampshire
“Fresh and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Amazing!!! How the chefs make such an interesting and fabulous selection each day is a mystery to me. Whether you are a meat eater or a vegan, their buffet will please. I enjoy cooking and really appreciate the time and effort they put into having an excellent selection. Their muffins are the best, especially the vegan blueberry. Yum!

Visited September 2013
New Hampshire
“Tried again and no better--2.5 stars”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Yes, I love that there are alternatives to unhealthy eating but I stand by my past review on trying the bar a few more times. So salty, it's painful AND unhealthy to douse healthy foods in salt. Also the broccoli was souped up in a cheesy sauce that negated the health aspect. Still has that burned taste to many items, likely from sitting on sterno pans for hours. It could be so much better. I will go to the Spoon Revolution or Indigo kitchen instead. Far superior. Also, if you love healthy eats, try Sustys in Northwood. Convenience is the only plus here. VERY pricey too in my opinion.

• Visited October 2013
Contoocook, New Hampshire
“food to grab when you're in a hurry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

The prepared foods section of the COOP is a healthier alternative than other fast food options but it is not gourmet food. They have soups, salads, hot entrees and cold. Some are pre-packaged and the hot foods and salads are available for you to choose as much as you'd like. I've had a number of different things both hot and cold - good for when you can't or don't want to cook but not the kind of food I crave or think about in between visits. I'm not much of a dessert person but they do have a large selection of baked goods available as well. I appreciate the choice being available and that I can always find plenty of vegetables and healthy food there.

• Visited September 2013
sanbornton, nh
“Coffee at the Celery Stick”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

We had stopped by to see the new remodel at the NH Food COOP located in Concord, NH - The Celery Stick has been expanded to have a bakery, a huge deli counter - where sandwiches are available or can be made to order and a bunch of hot entrees - At $8.49 a lb, you can load up on mains, veggies, olives and at the soup buffet, you can dip by the cup -

I didn't taste the luncheon food but I did purchase a very pricey ($3.75) vanilla bean cupcake - that was positively AWESOME - The cake was very fresh and tasty and the vanilla frosting was the best I have ever tasted!

I was sharing my dessert with my husband who had chosen a rather pedestrian peanut butter cookie - However, my cupcake was so rich, I was able to share it with him anyway -

When you need a fix for something sweet - that cupcake is worth the money - You can make yourself a keurig coffee, and then sit with your cupcake and let its magic just take you over. The only problem is - I may never order a real lunch there - Afterall - who would want real food when the cupcakes taste soooo good?

• Visited January 2013