“seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This use to be a must stop but with all the changes leaning towards a sports bar from a seafood restaurant it is different some better (5 tv's and 10 draft beers) others not so much ( asked for haddock and shrimp got scollops and shrimp after a long wait) I miss the old service and food so unless there is a game on I want to see I won't stop.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Joann was a great advocate for her establishment! She has worked at the restaurant for many years and said that every item we would be served would be the best. I'm not sure about "best" because we haven't eaten in every area restaurant but it was very good. We will return.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

From the pot holes in the parking lot to the decor to the family style dining this is New England. The menu is too big IMO but everyone will find something because of this. This is alot of food for the money and it's good. The service was excellent though as a first time visitor it was a bit confusing finding the dining room. It's obvious this is a local favorite and that always speaks volumes. I will be back. Their seafood chowder was as close to perfect as I have ever had.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

After using Trip Advisor to find a GOOD prime rib and baked stuffed lobster restaurant w/in one hour of our home near Portsmouth we decided to give Makris a try. The waitress was fantastic, didn't even need to write our order down, and very knowledgeable about the food offered. We had high hopes when we saw the extensive menu, they had everything we were looking for dinner that night, prime rib, stuffed lobsters, clam bake, and oysters, very hard to find these days. My wife ordered a 11/2 lb baked stuffed lobster, it was either nuked or had been sitting around for awhile, the claw meat was so dry we both couldn't get it out of the shell, stuck solid. Trust me, we know how to pick a lobster apart, after having done it for almost sixty years. She gave up on trying to get the tail meat out, I did it for her, meat was tough and dry, we knew it would be after seeing the claws, she said it wasn't the worst lobster she's eaten, but it was the hardest to get the meat out of. My turn, prime rib, 20 oz, rare to medium rare, came out medium well, waitres put it down and said she was taking it back, I didn't have to say anything, she knew it was over done, next one was medium rare, but half the size of the first one, cook must of been mad at his food being returned. I had mashed potatoes for a side with gravy, I could of recoated my driveway with it, chocolate pudding isn't as thick as their gravy. I'm Italian, so I know what hard bread is, and the bread that was served brought back the old days with there's. On the good side, the Blue point oysters were small but fresh, and our guest had the clam bake, she's from Fl., ate everything, loved it. I guess I'll keep looking for that one restaurant that has it all, gets it right, and doesn't charge a fortune, but it's fun trying all these different places. Remember, life's a journey, not a destination, enjoy the trip, it's always better to be on the green side of the grass.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I visited Makris on a night when they were experiencing power outages (a large part of Concord was affected) and they kept up the good service despite the challenges. The manager (Shaun) was very welcoming, and the waitress was sweet and continued to check on me throughout the meal. They showed grace under pressure.
The cooking staff did an excellent job of preparing a baked seafood platter - it was delicious.