“Nice place to stay”

Best Western Concord Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed there overnight while visiting family last weekend. Clean hotel, comfortable beds and my daughter enjoyed the waffles and breakfast. Staying again over the holidays and may try to enjoy some of the other amenities.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BWConcordNH, Manager at Best Western Concord Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear TriciaF87,

Thank you for sharing your experience, I am glad your family enjoyed their stay here and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Not a great fan of Best Westerns because they can be very hit and miss – a common badge yes, but being independently owned means a wide variation in quality. However, you can usually be assured you’ll get a good night’s rest in a clean, decent size room and get good value for money.

However, I found BW Concord Inn and Suites (NH), to be a cut above my modest expectations of what to find in a BW hotel. In fact, I’m surprised it hasn’t even earned the “plus” to become a slightly more elite Best Western Plus. I booked a king mini suite at $180 plus tax which delivered a large room, ok nothing special, but it was all there – microwave, refrigerator, wifi, good lighting, lots of electric plugs, decent bathroom, good heating (being November), well furnished and everything worked. I found the room pleasantly quiet and I got a great night’s sleep. There was also a heated indoor pool and I found the breakfast, which was included in the price, to be above average for a BW. Parking was also easy and downtown only a short drive away.

Well done, Best Western, in future I’ll have higher expectations!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chadsworth

Dear Chadsworth,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Our goal is to become a Best Western Plus, but there are still a few costly improvements to make before we can qualify for the Plus status. But I thank you for the compliment, we have put a lot of work into this property and your praise is proof that we are heading in the right direction. Thank You.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We've stayed here a couple of times now and would definitely come back again. The location is convenient to downtown Concord with ample parking and the place is kept pretty clean. We had a two room non-smoking suite with two Queen size beds, a sofabed, and a small kitchenette with mini fridge and microwave and were very comfortable during our stay. The front desk staff was helpful and the included breakfast is pretty good (the kids loved the automated pancake machine), but it gets a bit crowded at times. :D Strong range and signal with the hotel wifi in our room, which I've found to be unreliable at other places.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Horost

Dear Horost,

Thank you for sharing your comments. It sound like your family had a wonderful stay. I am sorry to say we have discontinued the pancake machine, the majority of our guests seemed to prefer waffles over pancakes and we were discarding unused pancake batter at the end of each day. One of the cons about that machine was once it was loaded the batter has to be used or tossed.

You are right, the breakfast room can get a bit crowded. We do our best to compensate when it is busy and open our meeting room for additional seating. It can definitely be a challenge when everyone comes down at the same time. It is like going to a popular diner, sometimes you have to wait for a table to open up.

I am glad your family enjoyed you stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This hotel was a great value for the size and comfortableness of the room as well as the location to downtown Concord. In only 5 minutes you can be down at the NH state capital building and the main street area. However, the hotel is just far enough away to be in a quiet setting for a great night's sleep. The bed was very cozy and there was no shortage of pillows! Also, their continental breakfast had a better selection than I would have thought: eggs, sausage, pancakes, waffles and your usual cereals. It was a great way to start the day.

The only minor issue I had was the water pressure in the shower being a little low, but other than that, it was an absolutely great stay. I would definitely recommend it for anyone traveling to the Concord area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank chiefwahoo1989

Dear FellowTraveler051,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.

I am curious which room you stayed in as we receive regular comments about how incredible our water pressure is and I am wondering if there is an issue with the shower head in the room you were in.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is one of the very few hotels that advertises a heated pool - and then actually heats the pool. Most Hotels just heat it from freezing up to very cold. This hotel keeps the pool comfortable all day long. Staff is very pleasant. Family cleaning crew is also very pleasant and professional. A nice trouble-free stay overall. Thank You.

Room Tip: non-road-facing room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank FellowTraveler051
BWConcordNH, Front Office Manager at Best Western Concord Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear FellowTraveler051,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I have stayed in quite a few hotels myself and found the pools colder than advertised, and I am pleased that you found ours to be satisfactory. During the winter we try to keep our pool at least 85 degrees and our jacuzzi at 101 degrees. There are always a few guests who would like them warmer, but at a certain point the cost becomes too much to sustain it, especially during our slow season. On behalf of our housekeeping staff, thank you for your positive feedback. I will pass on your comments to them during our next staff meeting.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed here for one night on Tuesday evening. There was ample parking. The check in was quick. I asked for a quiet room that faced away from the freeway. Room 219 was given to me, which had two queen beds, plus a microwave and refrigerator. The room was clean, and the bed I slept in was comfortable. This building does have "thin" walls, since you can hear doors shutting outside the room. The gym at this Best Western had a treadmill, stationary bike, and weight lifting machine. In the morning, the shower had hot water with great water pressure. The water flowing from the showerhead felt like a massage! The free breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs and many other items that would fill you up. It was indeed a full breakfast. This property gives the guests a complimentary issue of USA Today in the morning. I got the last one at 9:00 a.m., so make sure you get one before they run out of this newspaper. Upon departure, the checkout was fast. All the staff at this hotel were friendly and professional. I will be staying again at the Best Western Concord Inn & Suites when in this part of New Hampshire.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room that faces away from the highway.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrLorin
BWConcordNH, Manager at Best Western Concord Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Mr Lorin,

Thank you for sharing your experience and all the comments about your stay. I am glad you were pleased with your stay and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stay here for 20 nights and could not be happier with our decision to stay at this Best Western. The rooms were clean and the staff amazing. The breakfast hostess Tanna was a jewel!!! We will definitely stay here again when the opportunity arises.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Frank,

Not all of our guests stay as long as you did, so it is rare that we have the opportunity to build such rapport with one of our guests. It was a pleasure.