“Went above and beyond”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Concord, New Hampshire
“Went above and beyond”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Everything was clean and comfortable, with a nice range of breakfast items. Good value overall.

Andrea checked us in, and went above and beyond to help us with a couple of problems. Impressive customer service! Thanks!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
BWConcordNH, Senior Front Desk Clerk at Best Western Concord Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 October 2014
I am so glad that our staff was respectful and went above and beyond to make you feel at home. Our Mission is to Guarantee 100% Guest satisfaction. Andrea is a wonderful addition to our Best Western Family and it is always great to hear from our Guest that our staff made you felt welcomed and we look forward to seeing you again soon, Here at Best Western Concord Inn & Suites.
Stephanie G.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Stayed 2 nights and travelled lower part of New Hampshire. We started our first day- Route 101 to the VT border. Next day: North to Lake Winnipesaukee , NH coastline and had fun geocaching both days. We saw some unique areas in very little time, but then that's what happens when you geocache! The room was a good size for the 3 of us. The bed AND couch in our King size room were very comfortable with lots of pillows. The bathroom was a good size, too. Came in too late and tired to use the pool each evening. Wish the pool were open to 10:30-11:00 PM.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWConcordNH, Senior Employee at Best Western Concord Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 November 2014
We here at Best Western Concord Inn & Suites Thank you for choosing our Hotel to stay at and hope to see you again in the future, and next time you will have time to use our fabulous Jacuzzi and pool. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay.
Stephanie
Katy, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We were on a trip to see a family member in Hospice. This hotel was booked by phone on the fly - excellent value at hotel along with wonderful accommodations and tasty breakfast. The beds were super comfortable with the spotless facilities.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWConcordNH, Front Office Manager at Best Western Concord Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 October 2014
Thank you for your review. We work with our Local Hospital to help families in need and last minute travel. I myself have been in The Hotel Industry for almost 20 yrs and Best Western Concord Inn & Suites is the only Hotel that gives a Hospital Rate and will accommodate on a daily basis for our guest. Thank you for staying with us and from my heart truly hope things are better for you and family members. Do not hesitate to call us directly even if it is very a weekend getaway we value you as a loyal guest.
Thank You for review and we hope to see again in the future.
Stephanie G.
East Lyme, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 August 2014

we had a good experience at this hotel, everyone was very friendly, it was clean and close to places we wanted to go. the last one we stayed at in S.C. was a nightmare. Everything was wrong in S.C., there were bugs, no place to park, didn't get the room we requested. You name it and it happened.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWConcordNH, Manager at Best Western Concord Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 October 2014
I am glad you had a good experience at our hotel and I thank you for sharing.

Like you, I have had a few horrible stays. I have worked on this side of the counter so long I have a keen understanding of how easily a customer's stay can go bad. Sometimes the hotel is as much a victim of circumstance as the guest is. And sometimes we fumble no matter how hard we try. As the Cheshire Cat once said, "...we are all victims in-waiting."

If you happen to return to the area please visit us again.

Nova Scotia
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel and very good value for the money. Close to everything by way of a short drive. Room and was clean and neat with friendly courteous staff. Breakfast was good and varied for 'a free breakfast'. Not the worse nor the best but still good. Would certainly stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. It seems you have been here a few times now, which is the best of compliments. I checked out a guest this morning who recognized me from a prior stay, and checked in another guest a little while ago who remembered me as well. Both had been here about a year ago and returned to see the fall foliage. I know what it is like to travel, and how a familiar place or face can make a difference. Now if I could only master remembering everyone's names, that would be truly impressive.

Thank you for visiting our hotel again.

Blandon, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I checked out on Sunday morning and can still smell the stench from the room, understand it was a smoking room however, this room was filthy- unclean and unsanitary - from food that we found when we checked in on the floor to splash stains on the bedding & the stench of thousands of cigarettes. As a frequent traveler, i can say with certainty this has to have been the dirtiest hotel room i have ever had the misfortune of booking, As a Best Western customer- I was stunned that this was a Best Western- I have stayed at many where the stay was excellent - I am seriously considering another chain- Spoiled two days of vacation until we get to the next hotel- Never again with this one

1 Thank Donald S
BWConcordNH, Front Office Manager at Best Western Concord Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Donald,

You arrived only to discovered that you had booked a smoking room by mistake. If I could have change your reservation I would have, but it was a sold out weekend and we did not have any non-smoking rooms available for both nights of your stay. I offered to put you in a non-smoking room for your first night, but it was not available for your second night and you said that you did not want to move the next day. I then offered to go down and treat the room while you were out, we have an ionizer machine and smoke odor sprays that do wonders. But you said you had a fan and it would be fine, then walked away.

Later that night you spoke with Chloe at the Front Desk, and while you expressed your disappointment with the room you received, not once did you mention that there was food on the floor or make any comments about the room being dirty. Your sole complaint at the time was that it was a smoking room and how surprised you were that we even offered smoking rooms. You did not make any complaints about housekeeping the next day, nor at check-out on Sunday.

I am not sure who you spoke with requesting that your window remain open, I did not see anything documented in our daily log of on the housekeeping reports and I apologize if we missed it. I will tell you that it is hotel policy to secure all windows on the ground floor if a guest is not present in their room. Each of our housekeepers are trained to do this as it is a safety and security issue, and will do so unless specifically instructed otherwise. If you were not in your room when they cleaned it then they did exactly as they were suppose to as your room was on the ground floor.

During your conversation with Chloe on Friday you asked about our refund policy. Chloe explained to you that because you had already been in the room for more than eight hours and that it was not our error that had placed you in a smoking room we would not be able to refund you for your first night. She also informed you that you could cancel your second night without penalty if you wanted to checkout on Saturday and stay somewhere else. You were also given the opportunity to check out early without penalty, but chose to stay another night at our hotel.

The challenge this presents for me is that you were already looking for a refund your first night because you booked a reservation in a smoking room. It was not until days later that you started making allegations that there was food on the floor and that your room was dirty, posting on social media that our hotel was filthy and stinks, right about the same time you requested a full refund for your stay. And yet you did not mention it was your mistake that booked you in a smoking room, not ours. Why did you choose to stay if you were so unhappy with your room? And why wouldn’t you report these issues to the hotel while you were here?

I am sorry that you had such a poor experience at our hotel. Unfortunately, I cannot approve a refund for your stay as I have no evidence to back up the claims that you made.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stay for 1 night on our way to Boston. Very nice and friendly people. Indoor pool clean and safe and not crowed. The kids enjoyed. The room was nice and clean. The morning breakfast was included in our stay and was scrambles eggs, sausages, potatoes, waffles, juices and cereal.
The only thing I would say about the breakfast, is that they should have more than 2 toasters for all of the customers. We had to stay in line and wait until we would use it. They should easy have 2 more toasters. But overall a nice experience and would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hello Danielle,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I agree, we need more toasters. The challenge is where would we put them. When this hotel was designed the standard breakfast did not include half of what we offer today. The average guest would spend five to ten minutes in the breakfast room to grab coffee and a danish, maybe a cold hard-boiled egg. This all changed when the economy crashed, and hotels started looking for ways to attract travelers to their properties. The continental breakfast became the battleground.

Breakfast has become very popular now that we are offering hot items like scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, etc. We have added a lot of value to our breakfast we offer, but we are limited by the size of our breakfast room. As much as I would like to add another toaster, as well as a few other things, we just don't have the space at this time.

Thank you again for all of your comments. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay.

Leon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Comfort Inn Concord
Fairfield Inn Concord
Fairfield Inn Concord
#4 of 8 in Concord
Hampton Inn Concord/Bow

Been to Best Western Concord Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!