“Good location if coming in on Rt 93, and wanting a room near downtown”

Comfort Inn Concord
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Potsdam, New York
“Good location if coming in on Rt 93, and wanting a room near downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stopped in for a night while in town to help our son move in, and this was a nice stay other than the myriad of kids with sports teams and families. The poorest part of the layout was the pool was next to the check in area, so VERY noisy with unruly unsupervised kids. But the room and features itself were above average and very adequate. All spots in Concord are pricey, so the value was here even with a higher than average rate. Get a room away from the nutty kids at the pool, and you'll have a great time. Nice breakfast selection in the morning, although not a big space to handle crowds.

Room Tip: Stay away from the first floor pool area!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mdkadk
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I'm glad to hear that you had an enjoyable time, despite the noisy kids in the lobby and pool. I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with your room and also with the breakfast selection.
We truly appreciate your kind words and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Pittsfield, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn of Concord recently on business. My room was clean and comfortable. The room had a mini fridge and microwave. There was an indoor pool with a whirlpool. The breakfast was delicious with many choices. I paid a very reasonable rate and the accommodations were great. I recommend staying at the Comfort Inn whenever staying in the Concord NH area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank wonderworms
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Thank you for sharing your pleasant experience with us. I am glad to hear that your room and your stay was enjoyable. We hope you join us again soon!
lovet-travel11
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

The free breakfast was plenty and warm. The swimming pool was clean and well maintained.

The down side is the noise from the swimming pool. There were a lot of kids on our Saturday night stay. They were so loud in the swimming pool, until the pool was closed at midnight. We could not sleep until they went back to their rooms.

Room Tip: Ask a room as far away from the swimming pool as possible. It is very noisy close to the swimmin...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and also the pool while you were with us. I apologize for the noise, often times kids get so excited in the pool it is hard to control the sound. Next time you are in town, we'd be happy to put you in a quieter spot away from the pool and if you have any problems the front desk is happy to help!
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

Nice hotel, seemingly quiet for a weekend with tons of dancers. Room was clean. Older model televisions along with refridgerator and microwave (something I don't see too often). Great location to the Capitol Center for the Arts. $7.00 cab ride if you choose to take cab, since there is virtually NO parking at the Center. We didn't take advantage of the breakfast, but it looked good. Small eating area right off the lobby to get breakfast - maybe 10 tables. Decent size pool, right off the lobby, very heavily chlorinated. We were maybe 5 rooms down from the pool and I was concerned about the smell from the pool, but you can only smell it in the lobby. Front desk people need to work on their attittude. Not a bad hotel for the price. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I'm glad to hear that your stay was quiet and clean. I apologize that you felt the staff did not live up to your expectations. We hope that you give us another chance in the future.
Bangor, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

Hotel staff was very friendly and although there was no power when we initally arrived, power was restored failry quickly. Room was nice and accomodating for the four of us and there was a variety of food at each breakfast. The indoor pool and hot tub was a hit with my kids and we found ourselves there each night we stayed (total of 3 nights). Many local places to choose from and close to all activites we had planned during our stay. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. It has been quite a winter, I'm glad that the electric company managed to get power back to the hotel quickly and that you were able to make the most of your visit.
Palatka, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

We stay at alot of this chain's hotels. I have to say this is one of the WORST we have stayed at. We were up there for my step father's funeral, and had 3 rooms rented.

Check in was great, very friendly and efficient. Got to the room and had problems with the heat (2) rooms had that issue. Finally got it straight by next day. Our room had the carpet "bunched" up in several spots, where I tripped over it constantly. Bedspread had stains all over it :( :(

We then asked for a wake-up call the day of the services. Of course I was awake way before hand. The wake up call never came. I had watched the clerk enter in the wake up call, so I knew it had been done, but wondered if maybe the wrong room? I go down to the front desk and inform them that I did not receive the wake up call, although I know it had been taken care of. The clerk went over to the machine and said "You got the call". I said no we did not, and there are only my husband and myself in this room. He said "you did get the call and the machine states it was answered and the machine does not lie"! YIKES. Implying I was lying :(. Our phone never did work right, could not receive any incoming calls.

The 3rd room was confirmed non smoking, king. Got non smoking double beds. After a long travel at 10PM was not worth arguing.

Breakfast was not so great, the eggs looked like they had sat there for days :(

WIFI was extremely slow.

I could have really overlooked all of this had it not been for the rudeness of the staff. I wish we had booked elsewhere and given our $ 600+ dollars to a hotel that would have appreciated its guests!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this review, 12 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write and let us know the issues that you had with your stay. Please let me assure you that what you experienced is not the norm for our staff and your concerns have been addressed.
maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

I called to ask if they had anything vegan for breakfast and was told, "No, we don't cater to vegans." I asked if they at least had soy milk, and he said no, they would only have some "cereal grains." Other hotels at least have some kind of plant milk, which is so easy to do. I guess I won't stay here.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ipoipo2
Let me apologize for our lack of vegan choices on our breakfast bar. With so many dietary restrictions, it is difficult to be able to cater to all of our guest's needs. I will address this with our manager and perhaps we will be able to better accommodate in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
BEST WESTERN Concord Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown
Fairfield Inn Concord
Fairfield Inn Concord
#4 of 8 in Concord

Been to Comfort Inn Concord? Share your experiences!