“Wonderful place”

Comfort Inn Concord
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed 22 July 2014

After a long day of travel, the Comfort Inn Concord, NH was a wonderful find. Very welcoming, clean, comfortable, and pet friendly. Excellent complimentary full breakfast. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad to hear that you found our hotel clean and comfortable. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I stayed 1 night at this hotel and it was HORRIBLE!! When we called to make the reservation, I specifically asked 3 times if the room we were reserving was a non smoking room because my husband is highly allergic to cigarette smoke and I was assured 3 times that the room was a NON smoking room. We got to the hotel and were given our room which was on the 3rd floor, we opened the door and the smell of cigarette smoke was overwhelming..there were ashtrays on the dresser and burn holes in the comforter. We immediately went down to the desk and inquired as to the room and it was confirmed that we were put in a smoking room. I let them know that we could not stay in the room due to my husbands allergies. The manager Amanda was called to assist us - she told us that there was a softball tournament going on and they were booked solid and there was nothing she could do for us. I told her that I confirmed 3 times that we had a non smoking room and her reply to that was that we booked through a 3rd party so there was nothing she could do and that we should have called their hotel directly to make the reservation. My thinking is that whether I book through a 3rd party like Priceline, Trip Advisor, etc.. or call their hotel directly, I have made a contract with Comfort Inn. If they don't plan on honoring these 3rd party reservations then they shouldn't let them book their rooms!! I explained to her that my husband and I had just rode our motorcycles 240 miles, it was late, we were tired and we needed a place to stay and her attitude was pretty much "Oh well!" She suggested that we call the 3rd Party that we booked the room with and complain to them and with the softball tournament in town.. all the hotels were booked so "Good Luck".

We couldn't sleep due to the room smelling like a giant ashtray, the pillows are these little squares of what seem to be pieces of foam and are just awful.. they need to invest in real pillows and add the kids running up and down the hall slamming their doors until midnight (I don't blame this on the hotel... I blame it on the parents that were allowing their children to do this at that late hour) made for a horrible experience. My husband was sick for the next few days due to his allergy to cigarette smoke. NEVER again!

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly DON'T use a 3rd Party (such as Orbit, Price Line etc) and DON'T let...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I apologize for the confusion with your reservation. Unfortunately, some reservations that we receive through third party websites come through to us incorrect or are reserved as one of our smoking room despite the guest preference. The front desk makes every effort to correct these type of errors but when we are full we have few options.
As you noted, it is always a good idea to confirm your reservation directly with the hotel. We hope that you will give us a chance in the future to provide you with a stay that meets your expectations.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stay here frequently. It is always spotlessly clean (even the lobby in winter), everything is well-maintained and if something is broken, then they fix it right away. The rooms are spacious with comfortable beds, good lighting, and lots of outlets. Over the years, there have been many upgrades. The staff is the amongst the friendliest I've encountered in all my travels. In my book, they set the standard. This stay was like all others...warm greeting, clean, comfortable room, no problem with a late checkout...just about perfect.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Keeping everything clean and well maintained can be a difficult task, we truly appreciate when guests notice the hard work that our team puts in. Thank you for taking the time to let us, and others, know about your experience.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Comfort Inn is right off the highway, but the street is quiet. Minutes from the downtown and many restaurants. The rooms are comfortable and the lobby open and spacious. The salt water pool is large enough to get some exercise.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are glad to hear that you found the hotel comfortable and easily accessible to everywhere you wanted to be.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel is not the best hotel I've been to, but definitely not the worst! The third floor completely smells of cigarettes, right when you get off the elevator. The room that we had (non-smoking) was fine, but the hallway was really bad. A huge plus to this hotel is that they accept pets! We have a golden retriever that travels with us and it's very hard to find accommodations where we can bring him with us. The bathrooms are very updated and the hotel is pretty central in location. We lived in Concord for years and when we come back we stay here. Great value and very affordable!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for telling us about your stay. Although we do still have smoking rooms, we have moved them all to one hallway of the third floor so they are not mixed in with non-smoking rooms. We do have plans to go 100% non-smoking but have not yet confirmed the time frame.
We are glad to hear that the rest of your stay was enjoyable.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just off the freeway in a quiet residential neighbourhood. Clean & quiet, friendly staff, fast check-inn, breakfast free (breakfast bar in lobby). TripAdvisor reviews convinced me to stay here. It gave me a place to rest my head on my way to Boston = perfect!

Room Tip: You could hear the freeway from my room, maybe ask for one on the other side?
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay on your way to Boston. We appreciate that you letting us know that your room was clean and quiet and everything went smoothly.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We really enjoyed the pool and Jacuzzi, friendly staff, room was clean and quiet, really nice bathroom. The hallways smelled like cigarette smoke but the hotel room was fine. It was close to restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Susan O, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Concord, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

I'm glad to hear you had the opportunity to enjoy our pool and hot tub during your stay and that your room was clean and quiet.
We have restricted all of our smoking rooms to one wing of the hotel and have plans to go 100% non-smoking but in the meantime we make every effort to accommodate all of our guests.
Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Best Western Concord Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn Concord
Fairfield Inn Concord
#4 of 8 in Concord
Quality Inn Loudon - Concord

Been to Comfort Inn Concord? Share your experiences!