“Wonderful Staff - Musty, Outdated Hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Concord

Days Inn Concord
Days Inn Concord
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Montreal Canada
“Wonderful Staff - Musty, Outdated Hotel”
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Can't say enough about how friendly and helpful the front desk staff were on our recent stay. Unfortunately, that's about the only positive comment we can make. We were on our way to Maine and decided to do the bulk of the drive the day before our reservation resulting in our stay at the Day's Inn. According to the manager's comments on this site, this hotel has a 5 star burst rating. This contradicts the Day's Inn website which shows this location as a 3 star burst rating.

This hotel is old and outdated. The smell of disinfectent in the room is overpowering, probably to camouflage the smell of dampness. There was evidence of water damage on both the walls and the carpeting. The outside corridors were musty. Although the room was dated and smelly, it was clean. We've stayed at other hotels in Corcord at a comparable price and had a much better experience. We won't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Claremont, New Hampshire
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed here a couple of times. It is a nice spacious room and very clean. It had a small sitting area with a chair and a loveseat. It had a king bed, very comfortable, and a separate area with a sink and then a door closing the shower and toilet separately. The continental breakfast was fine. Nothing amazing, but I didn't expect anything more than muffins, donuts, coffee, juice, etc. This did have bagels and breads along with the ability to make waffles. It was a nice place and would be happy to stay again. I booked my room through cheapstay.com and I really was surprised that when I checked in, it was quick and painless. I had already been charged for my room, so I just picked up the key and was told where to find my room. It's also next to a Dunkin Donuts, so how could I go wrong? Nice job Days Inn of Concord.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Suffield, Connecticut
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We made our reservation based on a few online surveys. The surveys said that the rooms near the stairwells were very noisy. I made our online reservation and requested a room away from the stairwell. My husband called twice and confirmed that we would be given a room away from the stairwell. When we checked in we were given a room next to the stairwell and when my husband showed the lady our reservation and told her that he had also called to confirm our request she said that they had put someone else in the room that he was told that we would be given and that she had never had a complaint. I guess she doesn't read the reviews

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Barthen
DaysInnConcord, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Concord, responded to this review, 27 August 2011
Yes, reservations do matter at this hotel. We are so sorry that you experienced such an awful greeting from our front desk clerk. She has been retrained, and we have done a new approach to keeping our reservations straight. I do hope that the rest of your stay was acceptable to you. Our guests satisfacation is very important to us, and we all strive to make your stay a pleasant and restful experience. Hope to see you again, so we can make this up to you!

Travellers are raving about these Concord hotels

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2011

My husband and I were welcome by a big smile (lady) which lighted up our spirits after a long drive. Check in was quick.

The room was immaculate. It had two comfortable queen size beds, coffee maker, office chair and desk, armchair, fridge, safe, hairdryer, iron and ironing board. The fridge was especially useful on the hot day we stayed in. The bathroom and the towels were clean.

Breakfast was good. The staff were nice. They helped customers making waffles and talked in a cheerful manner.

This is a friendly hotel. I highly recommend it.

Also my husband and I were delighted that Expedia provided us a good rate.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
DaysInnConcord, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Concord, responded to this review, 18 August 2011
Thank you so much for such a great review! My staff and I thank you also. We enjoy helping the travelers that come through, either with directions, or places to see, or even help with finding someone to fix their car if it breaks down. When we have such satisfaction from a stay here, it makes all of us feel good (front desk, housekeeping), thank you again for staying with us.!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 August 2011

One of concords oldest hotels,it is one of the many establishments in Northern NE now run by the indian clan Patel.When they first came into the area in the late 90's,they went on an aggressive building & refurbishing spree reestablishing older motels into more modern hotels and building new locations with franchise brands.
Due to the recession or just plain old turnover,the initial enthusiasm has faded into a whatever attitude coupled with take it or leave it customer service.
This spot is right off Rt. 93 north by junction of 89 making it the first choice for tired travelers heading north before reaching downtown-also truckers much to the detriment of those in the midst of a solid slumber late night.ALso note the Hess station next door that pumps diesel 24 -7 and is a bonafide truck stop.
Rooms are large but carpets are old & for lack of a better word,smelly.I routinely bring a candle to lessen the odiferousness.I must note that i used to stay here up to 6 weeks a year when economy was booming now only one-cant imagine staying here that length of time if boom times returned due to number of other options closer to downtown.
Nevertheless,cab ride is cheap (less than 10 bucks) to the dining & drinking options,of which there are many.
There are 2 stores next door with alcohol,fuel,coffee,etc.Rooms all have fridges,acs,microwaves which make it economical.No enclosed hallways which can be rough in winter but all covered with some wind shield hallways added.....
Best value dollar wise usually less than 100 bucks except notorious gouging race weeks.....If you have the dough stay at Fairfield Inn or Marriot Courtyard but this is good for the budget,contractor,student,etc.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank scrapmetal
DaysInnConcord, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Concord, responded to this review, 14 August 2011
First off I want to apologize to you for not being satisfied with your stay with us. I do wonder if you would care to give me a call, so I can find out exactly what changed your opinion of our hotel, since you sounded like a regular customer, that something had to be wrong, for you to stop coming here. I would like to understand clearly, if you are unhappy, we would like to know why, and try to correct the problem.

Now the Patel name is a very common name in India, it is like "Smith" in America. We do not own many hotels, have not bought older hotels and refurbished besides this Days Inn in Concord, as for new locations, sorry not this hotel owner.

We do have a 5 sunburst rating here, this is because our staff cares deeply about our guests
having an excellent stay here. 5 sunburst rating is as high as you can go. This came about from guest survey's. The rooms are constantly being taken care of by an excellent housekeeping staff.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 June 2011

For us not knowing the area at all, the front desk workers took the extra time to get us acquainted with surroundings. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was better than we expected and the worker was socializing with us as we ate. Would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
DaysInnConcord, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Concord, responded to this review, 23 June 2011
Days Inn - Concord, thanks you for your review. It was our pleasure to have you stay, and I enjoy making your waffles!! We appreciate your review and look forward to having you stay with us again!
Somerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 March 2011

The hotel was easy to find and the people were pleasant. However, there was no hot water in the bathroom sink, even though there was hot water in the shower. The deadbolt on the door was not functional and the bed was very uncomfortable. The continental breakfast was okay, though, and it was nice to have a refrigerator and a microwave in the room. I don't think I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
BEST WESTERN Concord Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Concord
Courtyard Concord
Courtyard Concord
#5 of 8 in Concord

Been to Days Inn Concord? Share your experiences!