“Good stay”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Littleton
“Good stay”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Hotel was clean, staff very friendly. Room was great, bed was great. pool and hot tub were nice except for the 30 kids that were in the pool from the hockey tournaments that were going on there. Staff did tell us upon check in that they were staying there also. Very loud, but good time overall

Room Tip: check to make sure there are no hockey tournamants for the weekend in that area
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank caroline764
mitch9498, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope the hockey kids didn't bother you too much. There are only tournaments in town a couple of times each year and we have several measures in place to minimize the impact to our other guests. We hope to have you back with us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
New Jersey
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Booked through Priceline and got a good value during the holiday season. Room was okay and bath and beds clean enough but decor was tired with some staining on the walls and carpet, needs upgrading. There was a distinct paint smell which must have been coming from another room so there may be renovations going on. Hotel seemed understaffed at what seemed like a slow time of year. Our room faced behind the building which is a depressing view of warehouses and abandoned railroad tracks.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street from the front of the building are best.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Merlin V
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Walls separating adjacent rooms from ours could have been as thin as paper. I could hear negotiations between the couples during “time out”, leave alone cry of pleasure after touch downs, but it was not all. Heating device was very noisy so we had to turn it off before going to bed and wake up in a chilly room in the morning. The second night, our neighbours were not as noisy, but we smelled and inhaled cigarette smoke all night in a supposedly non-smoking hotel. It was a regretful prepaid reservation, otherwise we would have changed hotel after our first night stay.

Room Tip: Stay there during low season when it is not too cold or too hot and make sure that the adjacent room...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank boroushan
mitch9498, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a restful stay because you could hear the family in the room next to you and the noise from the heater was bothersome. Had our staff been made aware we would have made every effort possible to move you to a room without any neighbors. I would invite you to let us know of any concerns as they are occuring so that we can do our best to make it right for you.

Thank you again for the review and for staying with us. I hope that you will stay with us again so that we can provide a better experience next time.
Boston
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I stayed here at the last minute since the weather wasn't great and I didn't want to trek back to Boston so late. I booked through a website that offered "bid your own price" and well...you get what you pay for.

Since I had prepaid check-in was very quick and the front desk was very cordial.

The room was the last room on the floor furtherest away from the elevators and right next to the stairway. One of my friends said this is the "coupon" room. I didn't mind it so much since I don't like to be next to the elevators.

When I first walked into the room there was a faint smell of mold and mildew. The room appeared clean however there was some scaling of either soap or water on the walls in the bathtub that didn't seem to have been cleaned.

I was supposed to have a queen size bed however it did not look or feel like a queen, more like a double bed. This room was a typical room except they took out th additional bed and put in a really long side table on the side of the bed. There was also a pull out couch on the side of the room.

The bed was very close to the wall with the window and heating unit, infact, the heating/cooling unit, when it was operating, was blowing right on bed and me if I was laying in it. I had to turn the other smaller nightstand sideways to block the air flow from blowing directly on me. There were no controls on the heating unit to force the air in another direction.

I've also gotten used to a flat screen TV so when I'm watching an old TV set I feel like I'm back in time. Though the TV appeared to work fine.

Luckily I was up very early since there was construction going on directly on the side of the hotel near the highway which was very loud at 7 AM.

The hotel did offer free wifi which worked fine and had a very very basic gym and indoor pool. The gym really only consisted of 3 bikes, a treadmill and very light dumbells, not for someone doing a full work out.

Overall it was an ok stay. Had I been there longer I would have asked for another room since the mold smell was so prominent every time I walked into the room.

It's doesn't seem like a great area for a hotel and when you exit the parking lot you are forced to go right.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank BBuddy
mitch9498, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback about your stay at our hotel. I'd be happy to discuss some of your specific concerns if you'd like to call me directlly. In the meantime, we should have flat screen TVs soon. I appreciate you staying with us and the feedback that you have provided.
Pawcatuck, Ct USA
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Recently, my wife and I reserved a room for two nights during foliage season. We arrived checked in, the room was ok, well worn, a heavily used hotel needing updating. The bed was good, but we left after one night, only because the foliage was non existent. The hotel gave us credit for the second night, which was a plus. The breakfast at the hotel's restaurant was very bad, all the food was cold, they tried to accommodate, but we were no longer hungry.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Glen Allen, Va
Reviewed 18 October 2011

Stayed at this hotel while attending a business meeting. I found the room to be quiet and clean. The hotel desk clerks were friendly and capable, giving good service!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
mitch9498, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Glad you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly staff. Thank you for staying with us!
Wasaga Beach, Ontario
Reviewed 29 September 2011

My husband and I stayed last weekend at this Holiday Inn as it is only a 15 minute drive to Loudon, NH where there was a NASCAR race (my driver won too!!!!). When the race was over (considering the large number of people attending the race) when we were back in our car it only took about 45 minutes to get back to the hotel. This hotel has all the amenities, is clean, efficient, friendly staff and houses a great little restaurant, Nonnie's! It is so convenient; right off the highway and very near great shopping and some good restaurants too. We had a King size bed which was very comfy, crisp linens and everything in the room working well (the internet was a bit slow). We were a little surprised there was no continental breakfast (most of our stays at Holiday Inns DO have that included) but they did have complimentary coffee in the lobby. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
mitch9498, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this review, 1 October 2011
Thank you for your review and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay during the NASCAR Race. I appreciate the comments about the internet. We increased our internet speed last year and are hoping to increase our internet speed again in the coming months to keep-up with the ever increasing demand. While it is a brand stand for Holiday Inn Express hotels to offer a complimentary continental breakfast, the Holiday Inn brand is built around an on-site restaurant which offers a full hot american breakfast. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have you back for either of both of the NASCAR races next year.