“Reunion in Concord”

Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My wife and I were hosts for a reunion for Vietnam veterans that I served with. We stayed at the Holiday Inn in downtown Concord and were treated exceptionally. I set this up earlier in the year and all went with no flaws. The staff there were very friendly and we were treated very well. The hotel has many amenities and restaurant with an excellent breakfast and dinner menu. Although we didn't use them, they have several function rooms which were busy everyday. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Recommend that you join their points club. It will get you some freebies anytime you stay at any of...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 October 2013

When I returned home from a three night stay at the Holiday Inn in Concord I had planned on leaving a raving review because my experience had been delightful. The staff up to that point I thought had been informative and helpful. Well, I dropped my gram off at home and drove to my house an hour and a half away to get a phone call from her later that night telling me that the hotel had called on Sunday to inform us that my car had been in a fender bender (we were still staying on property when they called her house). I was exhausted and waited until today to see if anything had been damaged and it had. So, I called the hotel to find out number one why no one called our room and left a message there if we were not in (they did it for other things), two why didn't anyone say anything when we checked out and three if they had any information about the person who hit me. Luckily they had the answer to the important question and I was able to give my insurance company the individuals name and address. In a case like this they should have tried to track us down. I even left MY cell number in case something like this happened and I never received a call. I am just discouraged because this ruined my whole experience here. I loved every minute until I found out that my car had been hit and no one said a word, Just disappointing.....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank fairreview29
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear fairreview29,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review of our hotel. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore we are sincerely concerned when our level of staff service fell short of your expectations. Management has been made aware of this issue and it will be addressed immediately.

We sincerely hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Thank you once again for your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

The room was spacious and clean. Bed was very comfortable and location was quiet for being downtown. Visited hotel restaurant for a drink. Staff were nice on a very slow Friday night. Concord is the Capitol of NH and has a nice shopping district.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I got this hotel for 75$ a night, which I paid with some "Hotwire" dollars that I had in bank. Great deal according to me. The hotel is well located in downtown Concord. The room was spacious and clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brutus71
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Very nice stay. Helpful staff and comfortable room. I can't rate the pool as I didn't use it or see it. The location was great to walk downtown for shopping and dinner. I think they do need some updates but overall it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Maysmiles
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We loved this hotel. Arrived at about one p.m. exhausted after traveling since midnight and had no problem with early check in. The front desk staff was just fantastic - so friendly and welcoming.
We were delighted with the coupon for two free items from the hotel's convenience shop and were pleased that they carry Honest Ade products instead of the usual sugar drinks.
We had no idea when booking that we were only a couple blocks from the state capitol building. It's only a five minute walk if you want to explore the government district.
The hotel is very close to lots of restaurants and is only a block off the interstate. Couldn't be more convenient.
We absolutely love the beds and pillows at ICH Group hotels, and this was no exception. Talk about heavenly sleep. The king room was large, with a sofa and easy chair, desk and chair, dresser, large flat screen TV, microwave, mini-refridge, hair dryer. The closet door is a full length mirror, always an important consideration.
Lots of good lighting, but also room darkening blinds. We didn't hear a sound in our third floor room, either from the hallway or from outside.
Great Wi-Fi reception (and free). Parking is also free.
I needed to send a fax before we left and expected to pay a fee for using the business center, but the front desk sent the fax for me at no charge.
We asked for late check out because we overslept, and had no problem with a noon departure instead of 11 a.m.
This hotel is exactly what you'd expect from Holiday Inn, but the front desk staff makes it exceptional. Every one of them was truly a pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FancyFree55
Reviewed 24 August 2013

The hotel is generally OK. The rooms are large and comfortable, Internet is free and the staff are nice and professional. You are only a few minutes walking distance from the main area of bars and restaurants in Concord. The rooms could do with some updating as they look worn and outdated. However, the hotel's main problem is the paper thin walls. If you are unlucky to get noisy neigbours like I did, forget any chance of a decent rest. It was a shame because other than that the hotel was more than satisfactory.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Victor1234,

Thank you for the candid review. It is lovely to read you likes our staff and found the rooms comfortable. However, we regret you stay was negatively impacted by the level of noise created by other guests during your stay. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope you give us a chance in the future to make your stay as best as it can be.

Again, many thanks for the feedback and our apologies for the shortfalls.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Comfort Inn Concord
#4 of 8 in Concord
Courtyard Concord
Courtyard Concord
#5 of 8 in Concord

Been to Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown? Share your experiences!