“Average Chain Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Claremont, New Hampshire
“Average Chain Hotel”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I arrived here very late one night on my way back from Logan Airport after a long flight and stayed here for one night. Conveniently located in downtown Concord, the hotel is a typical chain. Staff members were helpful. The room was spacious and clean. The adjoining restaurant offered a decent breakfast. I had no complaints but also did not feel the hotel was in any respect out of the ordinary. I also felt the price was a bit steep for the city and quality.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Tim R, Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Cindy6179,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We wish for all of our guests to leave 100% satisfied with their experience. We are excited to inform you that we will soon be undergoing renovations to give our property a fresh new look and better accomodate our guests.

Tim
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Bristol, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I go up bike week every year for about 20 years now. We usually stay closer but we tried concord this time because my buddies were staying there. The girls at the front desk were real helpful. When we checked in Jillian was there. There was a lot goin on at the desk but she did great takin care of everything. We seen her at another hotel in the area so it was nice to see her again at this place. We saw her many times thru out our stay. She helped us pick a great bar for dinner to. The place is clean and has a decent restaurant with a small bar. Closes to early though. Bike week went pretty good but we had a great time hanging out in the Parkin lot meeting folks from all over. Mike the maintenance guy was real friendly and helpful. Damn guy even offered to get us a coffee a dunks. Can't ask for more. The place is a little out dated and needs some updating. My wife had a run in with the woman that works over night. She was not friendly or helpful, and my wife felt very uncomfortable talking to her after.
Otherwise we had a blast and will be back next year. Thanks jiliian and mike.

• Stayed June 2014
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed one night as we were driving to Quebec. Location was right off highway and near downtown. We were able to walk downtown from the hotel to check out the area. The hotel room was comfortable and the staff was very nice. We booked a decent deal on priceline.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel's lobby was very neat and the staff was nice. The front desk staff were very accommodating. The room I stayed in looked like it was renovated but cheaply so. It was definitely clean though. Wallpaper was peeling and for some reason it was the only room with a black door. We were staying with a big group and were disappointed there was not a complimentary continental breakfast. It was ok, nothing fabulous.

• Stayed May 2014
Tim R, Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
We do have a very good staff and try to accommodate all our guests. You will be happy to hear we are about to start some updating to the property over the next year which will give the property a terrific new look. I do want to thank you for your comments and thank you and your group for staying.
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stay here each time we are in concord. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the service is great and breakfast is great too. Excellently located. They are especially accommodating with families with young children. We would recommend this stay for anyone and are very pleased with the service that we receive all the way around.

• Stayed December 2013
I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed their stay with us. At Holiday Inn Concord we are still based around families with many features like the large indoor pool, fitness area and kids eat free program in our full service restaurant with Brick oven Pizza and great dinner menu. Thank you for staying.
Utica, New York
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This Holiday Inn works for me. I stay here when ever I travel to Concord. The location is convenient both in location to downtown (one block walk) and to where I work when I travel here.

The staff is professional, the public areas clean and welcoming, and the room fine.

I wish they'd offer a complimentary continental breakfast, though.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
I am glad that you enjoy staying with us. We are in walking distance to all the restaurants and shops in downtown. We do serve complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby and do have a full service restaurant for breakfast or dinner. Thank you for your comments.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel is pretty much middle of the line all the way. I have no major complaints about it, but at the same time I no big raves for it.
The location is good, it's in downtown Concord, very near the State House. The lobby is big and spacious. There is plenty of free parking.
The night I checked in the desk clerk was neither friendly, nor was she rude or unhelpful. She was a bit slow, but I got checked in and had the room that I needed.
The room was a bit bland, two beds a desk a highway view. The furniture was a little dated, but it was good shape and the room was clean.
The next morning our room came with a free breakfast at it was in the hotel restaurant that was off the lobby. I was impressed by the french toast and scrambled eggs, until I tasted the eggs and they were stone cold.
All in all we needed one night here. We arrived late and left early. We got a night's sleep and everything was as expected. I probably will soon will forget my stay here as there is nothing to remember about this stay - either good or bad. It was as middle of the road as a hotel can get!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Tim R, Manager at Holiday Inn - Concord Downtown, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear James,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Though I wish you had a more memorable experience with us all feedback, both good and bad, is good feedback. We will be undergoing some renovations at our property beginning this fall which we are all very excited about. In regards to the breakfast, we are glad to hear that you are a fan of our French Toast. We just began offering real New Hampshire made maple syrup. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call the hotel and ask to speak with me. We hope you will visit NH again soon and give us a chance to give you the memorable stay that we want all of our guests to have.

Tim