“Clean, Quiet and Off the Main Strip”

Fairfield Inn Concord
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Staten Island, New York
“Clean, Quiet and Off the Main Strip”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

The room was clean and maintained well by the housekeeping staff. The furniture was worn and dated. The window treatments were worn and dated. Breakfast was hot and delivered well. I noticed RR tracks out back. When I asked I was told it was a freight line. Did not hear any trains during my stay. Front desk staff were pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: I always ask for a top floor to eliminate any noise from above.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Parelius, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Concord, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
I wanted to take the time to thank you for your review. I happy to hear that you enjoy your stay's with us.

We look forward to having you as our guest the next time your in town.

Patricia Parelius

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
rhode island
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My wife and I and our two kids stayed her the for three nights the week after Christmas. We wanted to stay somewhere that did not cost much so we chose the Fairfield Inn (we had the Marriott friends and family rate as a relative is an employee of Marriott so we got a great deal on the room). The lobby and breakfast area was nice. We did not use the pool area but they did have one. However, it did look a little small. We stayed here at the same time a hockey tournament was going on so there were high school hockey players all over the facility. This was not a problem except one of the nights a few of them decided to run up and down the hall banging on everyone's doors.
The room was clean but on the small side. The gentleman at the front desk was nice and friendly. However, I cannot say the same about one of the housekeeping staff. One morning we decided to hang out in the room until about 10. When we were walking through the lobby the housekeeper asked us with an attitude if we wanted our room cleaned. My response obviously was yes. She rolled her eyes and stomped off, evidently not happy about it. This to me is unacceptable in a Marriott brand hotel. I will say that I will not stay here again as there is another Marriott down the road that costs a little more but it far superior.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My kids like to go swimming so I take them to a hotel with a pool from time to time. I chose the Fairfield and am glad I did. We had a very reasonably priced spacious room for 4 and the kids had a blast.

Patricia the GM made our stay a very pleasant one and each and every staff member that I encountered went out of their way to make sure we were happy.

I recommend this place to anyone travelling or just looking for a weekend getaway.

THANKS TO ALL THE CREW!!!

Arthur P.

• Stayed March 2012
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Stayed here during a business trip for one night. Lobby area was inviting and spacious and the staff very friendly. It was an older building. Rooms were nice size but the sink area a little cramped. The sink didn't drain well and the hair dryer kept turning off and on because the plug didn't fit. Tried the other outlet and it was also too big for the plug. Room was clean on the surface but the coffee pot wasn't cleaned out and the carpet seemed a bit dirty. The "fitness room" consisted of a broken treadmill that was out of order and an old crappy bike that didn't adjust well. The water container was empty and seemed like it had been there for a long time as it looked like a slime was built up on the inside. The breakfast lady was very nice. The breakfast left much to be desired as the sausage was sitting in a lot of grease, the eggs were sitting in water and the English muffins were hard. It was disappointing to see these issues as the staff was so nice and friendly. Probably wont stay again unless the place gets an update.

• Stayed March 2012
Parelius, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Concord, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
I apologize for the problems you had with us.

We are in the process of doing some upgrades to our property this year.

I hope that you will change your mind about staying with us again.
Homer
Reviewed 5 March 2012

As a frequent business traveler this property is more basic than my normal preferences but I found the room, lobby, breakfast area, pool, hallways, and parking areas to be clean and well maintained. The room was absolutely no frills, not even skirting around the bed. But I can't ask for anything more than cleanliness and quiet. The staff including housekeeper was very nice and I mentioned this to the desk manager when checking out.

A good place to eat is the Common Man which is very close.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Boomerang025
I wanted to take the time to thank your for writing a review.

Our property will be going through a renovation this year.
New Jersey
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Stayed here for a few days around Thanksgiving. We've stayed here quite a few times before when visiting family in NH. This time the stay wasn't as pleasant. I am all for staff getting the holidays off but letting your whole entire team of housekeepers off for Thanksgiving doesn't make sense to me. Had to send out a search party for towels! Not sure I will stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
I wanted to apologize to you for the inconveniences you had with us.

We make promises to our guest that we like to uphold and I'm sorry we did not do that.

Patricia Parelius
Merrimack, New Hampshire
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here on New Years Eve. We got take out and ate in our room which was clean and quiet. The staff was very friendly. We were welcome to have alcoholic beverages with us in the pool/jacuzzi and we're given private access to the jacuzzi after close until 1 am. Had a great night!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple