“Great location for visit to Capitol building”

Fairfield Inn Concord
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Detroit, Michigan
“Great location for visit to Capitol building”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Booked in advance but on the highway got a roomsaver book at the welcome centers and found that I could save $30 on this room. Asked the front desk and they honored the rate! Got the room for $75! That was great because it would have been a disappointment at the higher price. Room was average and pool was pretty small. Read about welcome water and cookies but there were none left as we arrived after 10pm. Very friendly service at the front desk. Hotel was a bit difficult to find as my GPS has me stop at the intersection and you had to drive another 1/4 mile to get all the way back to the property. Had planned stops at Capitol building and McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery center and hotel was located near both.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joe90123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Rhode Island
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I can't complain based on the "special" rate we paid but I was disappointed in this property... The staff wasn't overly friendly or helpful. The property overall is tired and in need of updating. The Continental Breakfast was ok but trying to find a place to sit down and eat in the lobby/sitting area was a challenge over the weekend. Also, our room was in the back of the hotel, and our room filled with a very strong skunk smell twice during the night... I don't know if the skunks have a home back there but Wow! Not very pleasant! I also heard the Ice Machine and a lot of corridor noise all through the night and early morning, so I would suggest a room away from that area. The ice machine probably gets a lot of action, since there are no small refrigerators in the rooms. I thought that was standard but not here. On a positive note, the bed was comfortable, the room was clean, there's free parking, and The Common Man restaurant next door was very good although pricey for dinner. It's also probably a 10 minute ride to the Tilton area, where the hotels are MUCH more expensive, so from a cost perspective, we made the right choice in staying in Concord.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Ice Machine and the elevator. Maybe a room on the front side of the building wou...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Parelius, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Concord, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thank you for taking to time to write a review about our property.

I apologize about my staff not being very friendly. I can understand how you feel on that. When you go away you want to feel welcomed. I'm sorry they did not do that. Our hotel is going to be going through a renovation this year.

Again, my apologize about your stay with us.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

While not downtown this hotel was only five. Inured from everything we wanted to see in concord. The staff was friendly and had cookies and snacks ready each evening. The breakfast buffet was good. The pool is very very very small.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 June 2014

As others have noted, this is an exceptionally well-run property. Clean, very reasonably priced, comfortable beds, very friendly staff, and quiet, effective HVAC. But it is desperately in need of a freshening. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a Marriott property that did not have a flat screen TV (and the Philips tube TV in our room wasn't very good even when it was new, back during the Reagan Administration). The drapes, tile, carpets and bathroom fixtures are all showing their age. It really doesn't feel like a Marriott property - more like a Best Western where an under-capitalized owner has fallen behind on updates, but makes up for it with TLC.

If it wasn't for the staff and the cleanliness, I'd likely give it a 2 star rating.

1 Thank Quackbury
Parelius, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Concord, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property.

We make promises to our guest that we like to uphold and I'm sorry we did not do that with you.

Our hotel is supposed to be going through a renovation this year. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again.

Patricia A Parelius
Connecticut
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel to attend a family function close by. We are Marriott people who always check for a Marriott hotel before any other. We stayed using points which was nice and the breakfast was good, but the hotel is in need of updating. We did ask when we checked out about it being updated and we were told that they are in the process of doing the updates. We were surprised to not have a small refrigerator in the room and the TV was not a flat screen but a really big old TV. However, the room was clean, quiet and the staff was very helpful. Now that we know it is being updated, we would stay here again if we are in the area.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

My family was going to Laconia for Bike week and were looking to stay a short distance away. Not knowing the area we booked at Fairfield inn, the best decision we made. The hotel was clean, friendly and reasonably priced. The breakfast in the morning, which was included, was exceptional. It consisted of eggs, home made waffles, bagles, english muffins, sausage, many flavored muffins, fresh fruit, hot and cold cereal, orange juice and coffee, above average for a continental breakfast. Riding my motorcycle from CT we got caught in a rain storm, always making sure my bike Is clean I figured I would have to find a car wash. The next morning the hotel staff informed me that the had a full wash station set up outside to wash my bike including a hose, soap, bucket, sponges, drying towels and even a leaf blower if you didn't want to use the rags. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Laconia for bike week which is approximately 35 minutes north. We will be staying here next year for sure.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank stewart20xx
North Ferrisburg, Vermont
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We've stayed here several times and we really enjoy it. It is very close to a bunch of restaurants and shopping. It's very conveniently located right off interstate 93. Very clean, rooms are nice and it's very affordable! Would recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Concord
Best Western Concord Inn & Suites
Residence Inn Concord
Residence Inn Concord
#1 of 8 in Concord
Hampton Inn Concord/Bow

Been to Fairfield Inn Concord? Share your experiences!