Centennial Hotel
Comfort Inn Concord(Concord)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$107
ComfortInn
Best Western Concord Inn & Suites(Concord)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$168
US$93
Priceline
US$87
All reviewsgranite restauranthistoric buildingcivil warturn down serviceturret roomceiling fancookiesrobes and slippersnew hampshiremodern bathroomquiet neighborhoodlovely hotelhotel restaurantexcellent restaurantdowntown concordsaturday morningnext morning
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed at the Centenniel while looking at St. Paul's for my daughter.only a mile from campus the location is great. The rooms are lovely with modern bathrooms and a large shower. The staff was friendly and the rooms great and reasonably priced. We would stay here again anytime.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Granite_96, General Manager at Centennial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

I am so thrilled to hear that you have had a chance to stay with us at the Centennial while visiting the St. Paul's campus. We are very lucky to be in such close proximity to the school. I am glad to hear that you enjoy our hotel and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is a very nice hotel convenient to downtown Concord. Stayed for a business across the street at the state offices. Front desk staff very helpful and friendly. Room (queen) was spacious and bathroom very clean. The pm snacks (desserts) left in the room were a very nice added touch. Fitness room was small but no one ever there early in the am when I was so not an issue. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TJB567
Granite_96, General Manager at Centennial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit to the Centennial. We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, from our staff, to your room and our turn down treats. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I were traveling in NH recently to see the Fall Foliage. We had intended on staying the night in Manchester, NH, but while looking at hotels in this area we were unimpressed and decided to head north. While searching on Trip Advisor we happened upon the Centennial Inn in Concord, NH. We called the 800 number for reservations and were told they were full. We persisted and being seasoned travelers we knew to call the hotel directly. We talked to Peter who was very gracious and said they did have rooms and that we should come on over. When we arrived we were greeted by Peter who couldn't contain his joy of working for this Inn. He was extremely kind and offered my husband and I an upgrade to the Romance Package. Since we were celebrating our anniversary we said yes, since it provided us with a nice room and balcony, coupons for breakfast and dinner, as well as strawberries and champagne. Normally, champagne is my go to drink, but not this night. We were asked what we would like in it's place and Lisa very graciously substituted two huge glasses of Stella Artois, my husband's favorite. When we got to our rooms they had just done the turndown service which included robes, slippers and brownies. Our room was lovely and super comfortable. Dinner at the hotel and breakfast the following morning were wonderfully delicious. The service was impeccable and the atmosphere was quite a surprise. When we drove up to the inn we were expecting a more Victorian ambiance since the exterior is, but once you walk in the door you instantly see how modern and tastefully decorated the inn is. After dinner we chatted with Peter and thanked him for his great recommendation and we had questions about the inn that he was happy to answer. He and Lisa even gave us a tour of the basement rooms that hold a lot of history. We totally enjoyed our unplanned visit and would recommend this to anyone who wants something extrardinary and out of the ordinary.

Room Tip: Definitely take the Romance Package and the rooms with the balconies and turrets are extra big and comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JennieHef
Granite_96, General Manager at Centennial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

A hidden gem, that is what people refer to us as and I am so excited that you had a chance to find us! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent visit to the Centennial Hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful experience while visiting us and dining in the Granite Restaurant & Bar. I have grown up in this area and cannot believe how lucky the community is to have such a beautiful, historic hotel and fine dining restaurant in Concord. You make special mention of our staff, Peter and Lisa. Our owners pride themselves on making sure all of our Hay Creek Properties "delight and surprise" our guests during each and every visit. It sounds like our staff did just that! Thank you again for your detailed review and we hope you have a chance to come back and visit with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed here for a second time last month on my way to another place. Unfortunately I had forgotten about the noise from the bar/restaurant when I booked the room and ended up in one just up the stairs (last time I was right off the restaurant). I thought the bar would be quiet on a Tuesday night, but it is a popular place1 The bar and restaurant were hopping and noisy due to the wood floors. Despite the crowd, the bartender was really nice and very accommodating, offering to make me half a cheese plate when I mentioned that I couldn't eat a whole one and, having the kitchen make me something simple from the lunch menu when I really didn't want a big dinner. The downside was that when I returned to my room at 8pm it was as if I were still in the bar, it was so noisy. I was also looking forward to a nice, hot shower and the shower was one of those that barely trickles water out - not even enough to keep you warm while showering. Loved that there was coffee service out in the morning at the front desk so I could grab a quick cup to take back to my room while I got ready to go. I would stay there again, just making sure I had a room far from the bar.

Room Tip: Make sure you are nowhere near the bar/restaurant, even upstairs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Granite_96, General Manager at Centennial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for taking time to write about your recent visit with us. We have been very busy in Granite so yes, I can understand why you would have had to deal with some noise. When you visit with us in the future just inquire with the Front Desk Associate for a room away from the restaurant, we would be happy to accommodate you. Please also contact the front desk if you ever have a concern or issue with anything in your room, we will send someone to fix it as soon as we possibly can. Our goal is for your stay to be outstanding each and every time you visit.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Like a prior reviewer, we bought a 'Romance Package' and had a wonderful stay. Wasn't sure what to expect from the outside and location in the downtown area, but had read some great reviews and am very glad we tried it. The new decor really enhances the original architecture and our room had some nice features, like a cozy TV seating area and balcony porch seating. Comfortable bed & bathroom was bright, modern and very clean. Staff was friendly and accommodating. We had dinner and breakfast in the Granite Restaurant, both meals were excellent from start to finish. The packages that were available on their website made it a good value/deal, and we plan to go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in a first floor King turret--very nice. However, it is on the street so if the noise of passing cars bothers you, you might want to ask for a rear location.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jcard2013
Granite_96, General Manager at Centennial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent visit to the Centennial Hotel and Granite Restaurant & Bar. Our hotel is definitely a surprise to a lot of our guests. The outside Victorian brick building is very unique but when you walk through the front door, it is so very cool to see how the owners of Hay Creek Hotels renovated this beautiful boutique property! I am thrilled to hear that you had a chance to dine in our Restaurant. We are very fortunate to have such a quality group of staff working here and providing our guests with the best products and services. We look forward to your next visit with us!