“Great spot, thankful they take dogs!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Conway
Tanglewood Motel and Cottages
Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Conway
Exeter, New Hampshire
“Great spot, thankful they take dogs!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We had a wonderful stay. The owners are very helpful and very friendly. The cottage was clean and neat and well stocked with pots, pans and dishes! The screened porch is a perfect bonus. We had fun in the paddle boat and the sound of the stream was nice. The traffic was a little loud during the day but fine at night. The best part is they are pet friendly!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cynthia S

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 August 2013

First of all I have to say that the owners were so kind and considerate! We stopped at the front to check in after a 2.5 hour drive. I told the owner that our 4 year old really needed the potty. He immediately handed me the key to our cottage and told me it was OK to finish check in after we took care of our kid's needs. WOW! Also, fire pits and grills were cleaned every morning and there were lots of clean towels provided every morning as well. Great experience! Very clean cottages. Sand boxes and play areas also kept very clean and neat. Cottage #11 great for little kids as it is right in front of the playground. Our sons loved it!

Room Tip: If you have little kids ask for cottage #11.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My husband one year old son and I just stayed here in August 2013 It was absolutely what we needed to recharge! First of all I decided to stay here because it was one of the only places I contacted that offered a military discount. Any places that respects the sacrifices our servicemen and woman make are ok in my book. The owners are friendly and genuinely enjoy what they do. That is refreshing! If u want a 5 star resort don't be stupid! That is not what they're offering here. It's like camping but with beds,showers, and all the other comforts of home! My son lovedddd the playground right outside of our door! And I may have to buy him a tracker of his own to ride on! The only negative things I would have to say about the place is that I thought 2 rooms meant 2 bedrooms (we stayed in cottage 11) but they were counting the kitchen as a room. We made the best of it rearranged n put my sons pack and play in the kitchen and hung up a sheet and he was fine with it! It is a little far from the center of North Conway & there's a lot of sand on the property and when u have a one year old that wants to go run around on the playground before u go to dinner that kinda stinks! All and all I would stay there again. If u like camping, fire pits, drinking a few and hanging out with no one bothering u this is the place to go! My last comment is that we stayed at a cottage closer to town and the distance was nice but it was musty and when u left u felt dirty. This place is clean and you can tell it has a woman's touch. Just the little things like dish washing soap and a kitchen towel let you know this! We loved it! Thanks so much! See u next year!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Reynoldswrap1986
Franklin, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My family and I stayed here for a long weekend in cottage 3 during a Storyland trip, as all the hotels were booked. The reviews made us nervous but we were pleasantly surprised. The cottages were very clean and charming, the grounds well-kept, and the owners extremely freindly and helpful. These were cottages- not 5 star hotels- and they never claimed to be anything but. I don't think some of the reviews are fair. Our family had a wonderful time, and it had everyting we needed. Even our dog was welcome- and happy! The one thing I did not care for was the swimming hole as it was a little "slimy". But there is not much you can do about that- it's nature! We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Cottage 3 was perfect for our family of 5 and a dog
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Welcome, Maryland
Reviewed 18 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at cottage #12 at Tanglewood in October, 2012. It was a nice place. Nothing fancy, but all that we needed. The front desk is very helpful if you need any information. The place is clean, had a small bathroom and little fridge, microwave, and sink, toaster, coffee maker. The bed is ok, not great, just ok. It was very quiet and no noise from the road or neighbors.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Pincourt, Canada
Reviewed 13 September 2012

This is our second visit, first time 5 ladies from Montreal decide to go shopping in the tax free state for a weekend. We found this little Gem online and enjoyed our stay so much that we decided to return this year. During our first visit, we rented a modest little cabin that suited us perfectly. The cabin had everything we needed, was very clean, and the owners are amaizing! They are the friendliest couple, that show that their goal is to make all visiters comfortable and welcome. This year, only two of us returned, so we rented a motel room, and again, it was perfect for our needs.
I recommend this little Gem to anyone that would like a comfortable stay, and being only 10 minutes from tax free shopping (bonus!) It's the perfect little shopping get away! The price is right too!
They are in the process of upgrading their rooms with new carpets, beds, bathrooms, and bedding.
They are pet friendly, so no need to have a sitter. The kids can have a great time in the little park area, along with a campfire by the creek at night. Lie down in one of their hamicks that are hung by the creek for a relaxing afternoon nap.
They even have a cabin that sleeps 5 that is opened through the winter, so no need to wait for summer to arrive, the ladies and I are already planning a winter weekend get-away to have our fill of this modest, clean, friendly weekend trip.
Support the "Mom & Pop" establishments, because in the end, the stay is like going home!

Room Tip: Winter Cabin is #10 and sleeps 5 people.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Desiree353
Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Clean, well-equipped cabin, smelled great despite dog-friendliness (my dog couldn't find anything to sniff inside!), and warm, friendly proprietors and other guests.

If you're bringing a dog, though, you must tell them when you're making a reservation. They also keep some dog-free rooms.

The only downside is its location close to the road. But the babbling brook right behind the cottage more than made up for it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank trumpeting_angel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conway
Scenic Inn of Conway
#1 of 2 in Chocorua
Merrill Farm Inn
Merrill Farm Inn
#13 of 29 in Conway

Been to Tanglewood Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!