“Best place for the money”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Conway
Tanglewood Motel and Cottages
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Conway
Pembroke, Massachusetts
“Best place for the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

Friendly staff. Great price for the location.Only minutes from all the shopping. Hope its available next year.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank CLOSINGCOSTFAX

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
woodstock, CT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!! The owners are friendly enough but the website is very misleading. I wouldn't let my dog swim in the "swimming area". They have a paddleboat but all you really can do is go around in circles. The stove in the cottage was old and had rust stains all over it. The couch had duct tape on it. We saw so many people stop look around in amazement and leave. I would have left also but I would have lost over $300.00. I will NEVER stay here again.

4 Thank tilli71

Travellers are raving about these Conway hotels

Saint John, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2010

My family a and I had a few days booked in a cottage. We arrived and were quite disappointed with the layout of the cabin in regards to the highway (it is literally 10 feet from the highway). The so-called swimming river is an algae-ridden brook that I wouldnt let my dog swim in. We asked to see the inside of our cabin thinking that maybe we would feel better once we saw it but we were wrong. It reaked of must and mildue(I have very bad asthma and began wheezing as soon as I was inside), the stove is at reaching level for my two year old son( he could have easily burnt his little hand on the burners), and finally the so-called playground is no more than 5 feet from the highway. We drove 10 hours to vacation here and you can imagine our disappointment. We agreed that we will have to stay somewhere more suitable for a family. We informed the motel owners and they told me I have to give them $187more after already paying over $100 as a downpayment on my visa (even though we werent staying there at all). I refused of course as we were on a tight budget and paying that kind of money out would mean an early end to our vacation(as we had t o go pay for somewhere else to stay), and they told me they would have me arrested if I did not give them $187 more even though they already have over $100 of our money to keep. They called the police on us (we were an innocent family on vacation) and forced us to pay, my kids were in tears and so was my wife! What a terrible vacation, my family back home was horrified and so am I! We went to another motel, cut or $300 loss and are trying to enjoy ourselves here. I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMEND NOT STEPPING FOOT ON THE TANGLEWOOD PREMISES, THEY ARE MONEY-HUNGRY and will get money any way they are able to, even if it means ruining a familys summer vacation, I hope you can benefit from our misfortune. They however did give us a partial refund after renting out or room, but we were still out money which is simply not fair.

5 Thank HVAC_guy_R410A
Thanks_Quality
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

I stayed in Tanglewood recently with my family. The couple running the place are nice people. But dont go by what the website says. The river at the backside is nothing but a mosquito infested slow moving water and the rooms are too close to the highway. It is not a kid friendly place. The room(especially bathrooms) is very old and direly in need of renovation.

3 Thank Thanks_Quality
Sullivan, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

Very friendly staff, room was very clean. Nice to have our own kitchen. The kids(and me too!) loved swimming in the brook that was literally 15 feet from our cabin! Would be nice if there was AC in the room but... A little close to the road but the fan drowned out the car noise. A great value all in all. Will stay again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2009

Extremely friendly staff/owners, but it was not the type of place we wanted to stay in ... too small, too old - perhaps cabins were better, but the bathroom in the "motel" room was postage stamp sized and we just forfeited our money and stayed somewhere else.

Just be prepared - it's not a Hampton Inn, not even a Best Western. If you're okay with that, no problem - just feel people should be aware of what to expect. And it quite a ways from from Conway/North Conway.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SeaGail
RI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2009

My husband and I didn't actually stay at Tanglewood. I found the place on line and based on the reviews and pics made reservations. When we arrived we were surprised at just how close to the road it was and how small the grounds were. Our biggest issue, however, was the lack of AC. This wouldn't have been a problem in the fall but the humidity in August was just too much to bear. We took a look at the room and decided to give up our security deposit and just move on. It was just too small and old to deal with for three days. The owner was nice about it and said she would refund my deposit if someone rented the room that night and we went in search of something more our style. Maybe if we were in more of a camping mood, it was cooler and we had gone for a cabin instead of a room it would have been better. The price was great but you really do get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HappyRI
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conway
Scenic Inn of Conway
#1 of 3 in Chocorua
Merrill Farm Inn
Merrill Farm Inn
#13 of 29 in Conway

Been to Tanglewood Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!