“is not what you expected, it so much more”

Pine Knoll Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Conway
Pine Knoll Campground
Ranked #10 of 10 Speciality Lodging in Conway
Boston
“is not what you expected, it so much more”
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Let me start off by saying we have a 1 and 5 year old joining us on this camping trip. We have been camping a few times before with us 4, but at Greenville NH. We wanted a different pace this time around; try a place with some scenic hiking. We ended up going to Pine Knoll Campground and it was the best decision we made.
When we first pulled up we were taken aback from driving down dirt one way streets to our barren camp site. Half of the camp sites were semi-perm campers who have campers/cabins set on the sites. Pulling up, we held our breath and unloaded/set up the tent. One very nice thing is we had both water and an electrical hookup (if we needed one, but since we are very minimalist we don’t need power). Having water though was a very nice touch (I hated lugging water back and forth, so this cut down my few trips). The bathrooms and showers were very clean, along with the site. For being on dirt, we saw fresh rake marks and there was zero trash around. It was a very nice touch.
People here are nice, bar none. My wife made a comment that I chatted up a storm, and yes I did. I felt comfortable (my next door neighbor Marilyn (I hope I spelt it right) and Bob was unbelievable. They loved to talk and also understood that I had one son who’s terrified of dogs (making sure that they told him when there were walking by and had the dogs leashed) but…also let my other son ride them. I felt like I was relaxing in paradise with a few nice people who at one point even brought over egg cartons to help me light up my overly wet wood (I ran out).
Place wise you are close to everything you want to see. The staff here was extremely friendly and when I called she put me up in a very nice quiet site (which is what I asked for because the last time we had our camp between two party centrals). We will stay there again and I do feel that this site was one of the best we’ve stayed at to date.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank acadian_wanderlust

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 August 2010

I have been going to Pine Knoll for about seven years now. I alway have a great time. I really do hate camping did I mention that??? I feel safe there even those long walks uphill to the bathroom at 3 in the morning by myself ...I have never had a problem. Everyone is friendly, owners very helpful. We normally stay on the same site and it is alway clean and raked when we get there. I love walking around the campground and seeing what the "seasonals" have done with their sites. The are alway friendly, saying hello and stopping to talk. We usually go there for long weekends and the noise hasn't been a problem for us. Those damn birds at 5:30 in the morning!!!!!!!!! LOL Maybe the owners could take care of that for me???? I think any place you go you may hit an off time...not every place you camp will be for you..try another camground. One other thing....I'm not a forty something.......we go to the campground with our 30 year old son and his 4year old.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Boston
Reviewed 5 August 2010

I have been coming up for about 4 yrs, since my senior high school prom. This campground is a great place for teenager/ early adults to camp and have a good time without having the fun stop at 11. The owners are more than kind and deal with issues when they have to be dealt with, they dont make a big deal out of little things like most people want to but thats what makes them a FUN campground. All the people that dont like this campground are people who dont "camp" its not a 5star hotel its a campground, your in the woods. Get over it and stop being snobs.

Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank nikki13Boston
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 June 2010

Like a previous reviewer said, its not the Ritz Carlton, but it is my favorite vacation spot (and I am not 40 something). My fiancee and I have been camping there for about 6 yrs, and we wouldnt go anywhere else. The rates are decent and the owner is awesome. We are able to sit around a campfire and relax with the company of some of the nicest people I have met in my life. I have seen some people get out of hand and the campground staff has delt with it accordingly. I have never seen drunk, obnoxious, loud people partying at all hours of the night. I have recommeded people to this campground that now go every year because they love it. You cannot beat the location, close to N. conway not far from Storyland and Santa's Villiage (if you have kids) and close to even Lake Winne. This place is all in what you make of it, and we will continue to go every summer !

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kerriandjimmy
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I have to say that PKC is where we spend our summers and acer1Wesrport_Ct needs to lighten up. First, it's a campground, not the Ritz Carlton. Although it may not be one of those big ritzy campgrounds with pools and such, it suits it's purpose....the company of friends in a laid back setting away from home. We spend almost every weekend of our summer there and at no time do we feel unsafe. It's close to North Conway and if you ride, you couldn't ask for more options. Everyone has an opinion of course, and there is always room for improvement no matter where you go, but I know that we look forward to our weekends there and PKC suits us just fine.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank crissyron121
Reviewed 24 May 2010

Camping at Pine Knoll Campground is something i wait for all year. I count down the days until i can return to the place that is my home away from home! The owner works so hard to make the campground a family environment. There is so much to do and see. PKC offers you the chance to meet new people and enjoy the beautiful summer!

• Stayed May 2010
usa
Reviewed 18 May 2010

My friends and I go up here every summer its the best thing that has happened to us since sliced bread. Some people might say its bad up there but it really isnt. The owner of this campground has done so much work over the winter to make it better there for family with children and teens. The wide open campground is just a great place to relax and enjoy oneself. So please don't pass by this great oppertunity, I know you'll just love it!
~Sxagneta <3