“Great place for relaxing get away”
Review of Darby Field Inn

Darby Field Inn
Ranked #6 of 24 Conway B&B and Inns
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Great place for relaxing get away”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

> great location, close proximity to Mount Washington
> friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable owners and staffs
> cozy b&b with unique history
> excellent breakfast (love the blueberry pancake)
> excellent dinner (love the salmon special)
> great relaxing living room
> lovely garden
> will recommend this b&b for my friends and families

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ming T
innkeeperDFI, Owner at Darby Field Inn, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Remind me to contact you to help with our advertising ;-)
Thank you so much...we are all pleased you enjoyed your stay here!
We hope to welcome you here again sometime...maybe in winter to try some snowshoeing?
Warm regards, Marc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We stayed in a standard room for 2 nights. The size of the room is a little bit smaller than a standard room in other hotels we've stayed before, but the view from the window to the white mountains was fantastic, you don't even need to go on the mountains for a sun-rise watching!

All services were great. Room was very clean, common area was cozy. The food was excellent. We needed to check out early in the morning and the owner was really nice to come early and made us a nice breakfast, which we really appreciated.

I like the location personally, which is not on the street and next to a lot of stores, but is convenient to everything and very quiet. At night, we saw fireflies on the lawn and in the wood outside our window.

Will recommend to friends and come back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
innkeeperDFI, Owner at Darby Field Inn, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures!
Glad you enjoyed your stay; our menu changes every season, so make sure to return often ;-)
Temple
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We enjoyed our brief late spring stay for a family wedding at the inn. The setting is beautiful, the food excellent and staff welcoming. The Darby Field Inn is a great getaway destination! We look forward to visiting again in the future when we can hike some of the area trails.

Room Tip: Some rooms have air-conditioning and some have ceiling fans.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
innkeeperDFI, Owner at Darby Field Inn, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here...weddings are special here at the inn!
I look forward to welcoming you here again; there are lots of local trails to keep you busy for years to come!
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Recently returned from a little get away to the Conway area. We had the pleasure of staying at Darby FIeld Inn. We had a supberb time! I have traveled a great deal during my career and Darby FIeld Inn is at the top of my list of places to stay. The entire staff and Inn Keeper made us feel welcome the moment we walked trough the door. Breakfast was very good and plentiful. Any time I travel to the area I will be staying at the Darby FIeld Inn!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
innkeeperDFI, Owner at Darby Field Inn, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you for your kind words...it is always nice to have our hard work appreciated! We enjoyed having you here and look forward to your return! Enjoy the summer...
Regards, Marc and staff
Center Lovell, Maine
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I have been to the Inn many times,and always found it a special place,and never anything but clean,from the rooms,to the public areas too.I read with some doubt,the individual who said thing were just not right...perhaps,this person is not happy anywhere? The staff is most helpfull,and alway ready to please..not often found in other places i have stayed.Best wishes to the Inn,and i hope to return soon...

Room Tip: Book soon!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
innkeeperDFI, Owner at Darby Field Inn, responded to this review, 23 March 2013
I always enjoy sharing positive reviews with my staff! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and choice of lodging; I am definitely pleased that you choose the Darby Field Inn!
I appreciate your kind words and hope to see you soon, too!
Watchung, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 March 2013 via mobile

Very nice people working at the Darby! Samuels room was great with the steam shower and the views. It is close by to skiing and a nice little downtown area which was really cool. The place itself has a great living room with a fireplace where you can relax with a drink and mingle w/ other guests, there's trails to hike around an just has a warm and inviting atmosphere.

Food was great too. A weekend getaway here isn't going to be cheap (maybe because we stayed in an upgraded room) but you get what you pay for and my fiancé and I really enjoyed our time together. Thank you Darby staff! We had a great time.

• Stayed March 2013
innkeeperDFI, Owner at Darby Field Inn, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
It always pleases me when guests enjoy the Inn as much as I do! Thank you for your kind words...I will share them with my staff. I hope to see you here another time! By the way, I'm not sure what your wedding plans are, but don't forget, we do weddings here, too! ;-)
Sincerely, Marc
Cumberland, RI
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Went here in March 2013 for some downtime, complimentary champagne and snowshoeing. We had an absolutely wonderful time. We didn't leave the inn that much because...why bother! The food is good, the place is comfortable, the drinks are pouring at night, and the fire in the stone fireplace is roaring.

We dined in the formal dining room (where breakfast is also served in the morning) the first night. The food was good. The second night we ate in the lounge and had an awesome burger and mussels as an appetizer. The breakfast is very good. They are very flexible here and will make anything you want within reason. The dining room is large with great views of the Presidential Range. Everyone has a seperate table so you are not stuck on one big table with a bunch of strangers.

The guests we met were soo friendly. The innkeeper is a good guy and keeps it real. He isn't in your face with over-kindness like so many innkeerpers are.

I think the one complaint I had was the water pressure in the room. It was a bit low. We had room 5 which is small, but is a corner room with two windows and the same great views as the dining room. The heat is controlled by the room next door and it was cold in our room one night. We had to have a inn person knock on the next room's door to turn the heat on.

There are several snowshoeing trails right from the inn. The snowshoes did their job quite well.

Complimentary coffee, tea and cocoa all the time. Also there is some complimentary red wine out for your drinking pleasure. Lots of board games and books to read. The common area are perfect for relaxing.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
innkeeperDFI, Owner at Darby Field Inn, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Getaways at the Darby Field Inn ARE a wonderful thing…I think you sampled the best of what we offer. I’m sorry to hear about the heat and water pressure...there’s always something that needs attention. The red wine isn’t really complimentary, but it hopefully helped to make up for above mentioned shortcomings ;-) Glad you enjoyed the place as much as I do…I look forward to seeing you another time
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conway
Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway
Merrill Farm Inn
Merrill Farm Inn
#11 of 30 in Conway
White Mountain Hotel and Resort

Been to Darby Field Inn? Share your experiences!