“Excellent hotel all around”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Dover
GreenLeadersBronze level
gunvor
“Excellent hotel all around”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Our stay in this hotel was perfect from start to finish. We were greeted enthusiastically by the front desk personnel, as well as warm cookies and hot spiced cider, a perfect autumn treat! Our suite was exactly as requested. Spacious enough for the 3 of us. The room and bathroom and kitchen were spotless. The kitchen was a full kitchen minus an oven. It shares a parking lot with a supposedly very good Mexican restaurant. Everyone working at the hotel was friendly and helpful. We will stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gunvor
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Hello Gunvor,

Many thanks for sharing your feedback. It is an honor to receive such a shining recommendation. I am excited to learn that our staff made your more pleasurable and earned your loyalty. As we look forward to seeing you in future, please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with. Thank you and have an extraordinary day!

Hospitably,
Vic Patel, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Gansevoort, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Everything about this hotel is wonderful. The check in process was easy and our room was clean. The hotel staff were friendly and very attentive. The breakfast was very good and the coffee was great. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Deeanne M
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Hello Deeanne M.,

We truly appreciate your amazing recommendations! I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff has earned loyalty. As we look forward to see you in future visits, please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with. Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. Have an extraordinary day!

Vic Patel, General Manager
Oswego, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I highly recommend this hotel for it's friendly staff, great location close to the I-95 corridor, clean and comfortable suites, and for its reasonable price. The Homwood Suites experience helped to make our family vacation a memorable one! This was my first time staying in a Homewood Suites Hotel, but it won't be my last.

Hello Mark M.,

Thank you for taking time to share your memorable experience and recommendation. We are truly obliged by your gratitude and are thrilled to earn your loyalty. As we hope to see you in future, please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with. Thank you again and Have an extraordinary day!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I was recently at this hotel for a wedding and we stayed for the weekend. It was a nice hotel and the rooms were very clean but honestly the thing that stood out the most was the manager working in the lobby every night. His name was Patrick and he was absolutely the most memorable and wonderfully helpful person that I ran into all weekend. He went above and beyond for not only me, but everyone involved in the wedding. He just made the experience so much greater. Thank you so much Patrick!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Hello Katie H.,

Thank you for taking time to share your superb experience and recommendation. I am truly pleased by Patrick’s hospitality that he has exemplified to the entire wedding party. I assure you that I have commended him for his accomplishment. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with. Thank you and Have an extraordinary day!

Waikoloa, HI, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

The management and staff of this property provided us with perfect accommodations!! Our party for my Son's wedding was treated royally and we occupied the majority of available rooms. Many, many thanks to the entire staff for an incredibly memorable travel experience.

Hello John C.,

What an incredible notion! We are truly honored by your gratitude. I appreciate you for taking time to share your amazing experience. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with. Thank you and have an extraordinary day!

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This hotel by Hilton was perfect for accommodating our family and friends that came to Dover for our son's wedding at the Rivermill at Dover Landing. Everyone was from out of town, including us. The suites provided us all the space we needed for the weekend to relax, rest, and visit. Each room had comfortable beds, a living room area, and a small kitchen with sink, dishwasher, microwave oven, refrigerator and a table/chairs. The best part of our stay was the fantastic staff. Jossalyn checked us in and out and was very friendly and helpful. Hillary provided us recommendations on what to do Saturday morning since the wedding wasn't until 5 pm. She suggested visiting the seashore at Ogunquit ME and doing the Marginal Way walk. It was beautiful including the route she mapped out for us to drive there. The lobster rolls we got at the end of the walk were yummy. The night manager, Patrick, went out of his way to ensure the wedding party, family, and friends were able to gather back at the hotel to socialize after the rehearsal dinner Friday and after the wedding reception Saturday in the hotel lobby and breakfast area. He was so accommodating and by keeping the parties out of the suites and making the common area of the hotel available instead, hotel guests who wanted to sleep were not disturbed. He's a smart guy. Patrick even prepared some snacks for us. The staff are all about customer service! A few other great features included the complete breakfast served in the morning in the hotel which also provided another opportunity for us all to get together and catch up, the Mexican restaurant, Margaritas, right across the parking lot from the hotel, and the hotel is also allows dogs. Anyone who wants a great location to have a wedding reception should check out Rivemill at Dover Landing and reserve rooms for everyone at this hotel! You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The suites at either end of the hall are the quietest, especially on the 4th (top) floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
What a Wonderful Recommendation! Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. I am thrilled that everyone in your wedding party enjoyed their stay with us and had a great weekend. I have personally passed on your gratitude to each staff member who went above and beyond to make your son’s wedding more memorable. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with. Thank you again and Have an extraordinary day!

Kingston, Washington
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed for a month on a business trip. And the staff was great from the start. I left for work in the morning before the 6 AM breakfast start but there was always something available for breakfast. Dinners Monday through Friday were great. Wendi always went out of her way to have food for everybody at dinner and would even put together "to go" boxes for folks that couldn't make it back to the hotel before the end of the allotted dinner time. With a cooktop in the room and grills available for the guests to use, I didn't have to go out for every meal if I chose. They also have passes for guest to use a local gym if they want to do more than the 1 elliptical machine and 2 treadmills available on the property. Overall I had a great stay and the staff was wonderful and did everything they could to ensure everything was to my satisfaction.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Hello Robert C.,

We truly appreciate you taking time to share your feedback and wonderful recommendation. I am pleased that you enjoyed stay with us while you were on long business trip and excited to learn that our staff made your stay more pleasurable while you were away home. As we hope to see you in future please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I am assist you with. Thank you and Have an extraordinary day!

Vic Patel, General Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
#1 of 6 in Dover
Comfort Inn & Suites Dover
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
The Garrison Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portsmouth
Holiday Inn Express Durham

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover? Share your experiences!