“Felt right at home”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Dover
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 August 2014

When we travel on military moves, we travel with kids and lots of luggage. Staying at Homewood Suites was a great experience! We had plenty of room in our suite to store our clothes and our luggage. For the most part the hotel was really quiet. There were a few times (during the daytime) that I could hear a child running along the hallway, but they were probably just trying to let the kids get some exercise out of the room. The kitchenettes had a nice sized refrigerator and were equipped with all the basics. The bed was super comfy. They also provided a decent selection of food for breakfast as well as dinner several evenings a week. The staff was very friendly and the place was kept clean. The kids and I enjoyed the pool and most of all the free shuttle. We were awaiting the closing of a house and stayed here for 6 weeks and ended up feeling like family. I highly recommend staying here for any length of time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Hello Janessa,

Many thanks for sharing your amazing experience and recommendation of Homewood Suites Dover. I am delighted to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay with while relocating. I have passed on your gratitude to our staff. As we hope to see you in future, please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with. Thank you and Have an extraordinary day!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked two rooms for 5 nights using our Hilton Honor Points. This was a special vacation where our sons, grandchildren, my wife and I all gathered for a 5-day visit and with my mother who lives in Eliot, ME. The hotel staff was very, very friendly and very helpful. The suites were very clean. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding (but, I wish the blueberry muffins were available every day instead of only the two days we had them). The only minor drawbacks are that a restaurant sits in the same parking lot as the hotel, so close-in parking to the hotel is a challenge. The fitness room was disappointing only having 1 elliptical, two treadmills and medicine balls, but nothing else. There are no convenience stores within walking distance, but it is a short drive to all the restaurants and shopping you will need. I strongly recommend this hotel as long as the fitness room is not important to you.

Room Tip: Stay on back side opposite the restaurant to have it more quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback and recommendation for Homewood Suites Dover, NH. I am pleased to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and our staff made me more pleasurable. As a valued HHonors member, we will certainly consider your valuable insight as we strive to exceed expectation of our guest. As we look forward to see you and your family in future, please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with. Thank you and Have an extraordinary day!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

But the grass may not be greener in that part of NH. From what I hear, all the hotels are subpar in that area. Rooms were filthy, they smelled absolutely horrible of either old cooked food or cigarettes. Counter tops were sticky. Just awful. Had a memorable time with my kids though so I guess the horror brought us closer :)

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Hello Aaron,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and apologize for this experience. We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I have addressed your concern with our housekeeping staff and have taken necessary measurement to address your concerns. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything I may to do amend your recent experience. Thank you and Have an extraordinary day!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

we have stayed at this hotel several times, and have always had a great stay-the line staff were beyond nice and accommodating, and the hotel was clean and welcoming. This stay-from July 22-26 was different--our friend had a room that smelled horribly of smoke and was told it wasn't smoked it was "new carpet smell"--the ashtrays in the dishwasher and the cup full of cigarette butts must not have mattered. She was told several times they would take care of the smell, but no one did anything about it. When it came time to leave the staff refused to give anyone a late check-out and were rude when we asked why they wouldnt honor the late check out we should get as a Hilton rewards member. I called the manager who never called back. The desk staff actually were yelling at guests!!
This hotel had been our favorite in southern New Hampshire, but until they teach their staff about customer service we won't be staying here again.

Hello Jill,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us. I truly apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. It is my understanding that your had experience inconvenience with your room suites smell and cleanliness and unable to get a let check out as well as rudeness of the team member. These types of issues are the true indication of the high standards of hospitality that we thrive for. I have addressed your concerns with our appropriate staff member and have taken necessary measurement to address your concerns. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I could do amend your experience. Thank you and have an extraordinary day!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were in the area for a softball tournament. Hotel was perfect. The full kitchen was great for feeding all the girls. The extra space in the rooms was wonderful. The rooms are very clean. The breakfast in the morning was terrific. The hotel is located near lots of restaurants and stores. Great that there is a Margaritas in the parking lot! Nothing like walking back to your room after dinner! Would love to stay here again!

Hello Seth,

Thank you for taking time to share your wonderful experience of Homewood Suites Dover. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as our amenities and location were ideal for your tournament. We certainly look forward to see you in future. Thank you and have an extraordinary day!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have stayed at the Dover, NH Homewood Suites numerous time. Each time our stay has been very pleasant. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Last year their maintenance person, Jason came to our room to fix a drain problem. He ended up helping me with our granddaughter's bike we were surprising her with when she and her grandpa returned from the pool. She was so surprised to have a new bike and thanks to Jason the basket and horn were attached.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Many thanks for sharing your amazing experience of Homewood Suites Dover. I am very delighted know that you have enjoyed your stay with us at all times and we have earned your loyalty. As we look forward to seeing you in many more times, please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with. Thank you and have an extraordinary day!

Hospitably ,

Reviewed 19 July 2014

What a fabulous hotel.. The offered complimentary dinner and breakfast and boy is their bed amazing. The hotel staff is so friendly and so helpful. This hotel is located near lots of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Hello Charlene K,

What an amazing remarks! I am truly obliged by your notion. Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, NH. I truly cannot wait to share your commendation with our staff. As I hope to see you in future, please feel free to contact me if there is anything I may assist you with. Thank you and have an extraordinary day!

Hospitably,

Vic Patel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
#1 of 6 in Dover
Comfort Inn & Suites Dover
The Garrison Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portsmouth
Holiday Inn Express Durham

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover? Share your experiences!