“Surprise”

Dining options: Reservations
Hamburg, NY
“Surprise”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Great value for your money....great specials......great sea scallops never disappointed. Always fresh, tasty & good!

Visited May 2014

Woburn, Massachusetts
“Dinner at the Weathervane”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had dinner here with my Daughter and Grandson on Friday night. We got there just in time as it filled up quickly (a good sign).
We ordered the Pa's Onion Rings for the table, they were plentiful and great tasting.
My wife and I each ordered the half and half fried oysters and clams, very fresh and cooked to perfection. Our Daughter ordered the sirloin tips with asparagus spears which she said was very good. Our Grandson had the kids portion of Lobster Claws which he devoured, so it must have been good.
The bottom line here is:
The food is expensive, However, when it comes to fresh seafood, you get what you pay for.
I would come here again, But, due to the cost it would be sparingly.

• Visited May 2014
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“They Cooked a Special Dish for my Friend”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

My first visit but my friend goes at least once a week...they know her & make her a wonderful dish that is not on the menu...how nice ! I ordered a lobster roll that was good but needed some more seasoning...not just the mayo that it came with. Super friendly servers & very clean & comfortable.

• Visited August 2013
Dover, New Hampshire
“Great Seafood, Great Value”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My wife and I dine at this restaurant quite frequently. We have tried the other seafood restaurants in the area, and this is our favorite. The seafood is always fresh and very tasty. The staff always does their best to make sure we are satisfied with the food and the service. The restaurant has a casual, friendly atmosphere, and provides a good value for quality food.

• Visited March 2014
Dover, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,080 helpful votes
“EXCELLENT SERVICE & CONSISTENT QUALITY FOOD AT BUDGET PRICES”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The Weathervane Seafood Restaurant in Dover is one of several locations for this small regional chain.

I've dined in most of their locations over the years. I'm partial to this location for the consistent quality of the food and the excellent service.

This most-recent visit was with a group of friends. We were a party of six. We had a reservation. On arrival, we were seated promptly. Our waitress took our drink orders quickly. After delivering our drinks, she took our food orders.

Although The Weathervane is known for its seafood dishes, one friend ordered the Seafarer Apple Harvest Chicken at $12.45. It was a fall special. I'd seen her eat that dish before and decided to try it myself. Friend #2 had the Haddock Nuggets Dinner at $11.50. Friend #3 had the Fantail Shrimp Dinner at $14.50. Friend #4 had the Clam Strip Roll at $8.75. Friend #5 had the Basket of Shells at Market Price. That was a basket of steamers.

While waiting, we enjoyed the rolls and butter with our drinks.

Our food orders came out about 15 minutes later. Everything was prepared to everyone's satisfaction.

I really liked the Seafarer Apple Harvest Chicken. The topping was a crabmeat stuffing mixed with nice seasonings that went well with the flavors of the two chicken breast fillets. There was a light application of Side Hill Farm Maple Apple Drizzle. The meal came with steamed vegetables and a small side of coleslaw. I was able to eat half the meal. The rest got packed to go.

The service from our waitress was excellent.

It was a pleasant lunchtime outing to catch up with friends and have a very good meal. .

These are the reasons why our group has returned here several times.

• Visited November 2013