“Like eating at a friends house”
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #19 of 119 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Eating out is more than just the food. How many of us have been served fantastic food, by a waiter that was not friendly..? How many of us have entered a highly acclaimed restaurant and did not feel welcomed?? How many of us have eaten a great meal somewhere, but never went back because something was missing in the experience?? My wife and I have been coming to this restaurant for 17 years...And it isn't all about the food... have I had better Indian food ... yes. BUT... I hardly ever feel as good going or leaving a restaurant as I do when I eat here. You are welcomed here... not some perfunctory gesture that most places can paint on their faces.. this is warm, genuine. Appreciation for your patronage goes a long way for my wife and I. The food here is good, don't get me wrong and as with any restaurant they do some things better than others. But come for the whole experience ... the food and decor will not WOW you... but the genuineness will!!

Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

Taste needs to be fixed.. its very bad.. Available food items are just local unlike original indian taste.. very small hotel.. overall its below average!

1  Thank SenYaga
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Every now and then, I have to make it over to Taste of India for the Sunday buffet. The food is always excellent, and the service is very good. I don't have much experience with the regular menu, but I will continue to come here for the buffet in the future.

1  Thank EvanServo
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We have been coming to Taste of India since it opened 22 years ago and the food is always terrific, but what we really love is the service, usually provided by the owners themselves. If you are new to Indian food, the Sunday buffet is a great place to start, where even picky eaters love the tandoori chicken!

Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

I always get take out from Taste of India, and never feel unsatisfied. Tonight, I had their Shahi Paneer and Onion Kulcha (a nice change from my usual Aloo Naan).

Since I'm not feeling well, my mother picked up the order and the owner was so nice that he gave her a cup of Kheer with the order. Kheer is Indian rice pudding with nuts and raisins, seasoned with cardamom. It was very delicious! What a treat.

Been to Taste of India? Share your experiences!