“Superb value for lobster lovers”

Newick's Lobster House
Ranked #2 of 117 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, View, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane, Australia
“Superb value for lobster lovers”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Hard to beat the deal where you get a one pound lobster for $9.99. So any criticism is a minor quibble. So long as you are having lobster and nothing else, the score would be higher. However, the horrible littlebread rolls were stale (the table next to us had mold on his); most everything is fried, My salmon (the tropical salmon special) was cooked, oh about twice as long as it ought to be, the condiments come in packets.
Also, maybe it is minor to many people, but to me, I am concerned just a little when all used goods no matter what they are made of including the paper drink cups are all pushed into the one trash bag. I had the mistaken idea that NH was into recycling. Of course, this is nothing to do with the food quality, just saying. And although the ceiling fans are excellent, the restaurant is just a bit too hot inside for July. Lovely views, but seems you have to eat inside..

1 Thank Pauline K

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A Must-Do for anyone visiting NH/ME”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I have eaten at some of the fanciest restaurants around the US, and no matter what, I keep coming back to Newicks every summer on my beach vacation. My family loves that we can get a table for 8 without a reservation. The rest of the food may be nothing to write home about, but eating at Newicks we know we can get as much lobster as we'd like and make a mess eating it without feeling inappropriate! As long as you know what you are in for, Newicks is a great place to eat - fried fish platters, lobster, and a family environment.

On my latest trip we ordered twin 1 1/2 lb lobsters, which according to our waitress were fresh off the boat, and I had plenty of meat in both - including one which had the largest and fullest lobster tail I've ever cracked. I believe there is a two drink limit for alcoholic beverages, which isn't a big deal if you are there just to eat. The views of the water are beautiful and on a good day there is a gorgeous sunset to enjoy. No A/C but if we had a great refreshing breeze sitting by the window even for a hot day in July. I had fond memories of the gift shop as a child but I think it has gone a bit downhill with little left but fudge and a few junk items now.

1 Thank adrd
Springfield, Missouri, United States
“The Best Seafood Ever!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Great Food. Great Value. Great view overlooking the bay. Sooo delicious. Great portions; you won't finish. A Must! Try both of their clam Chowders. Everything served on chinnet paper plates & bowls. Not fancy BUT the BEST Seafood you'll ever had! When we go back to visit in Maine we eat at Newick's 2 to 4 times during the 10 days we are in the area. Best Place to stay that's near is Kittery, Maine where many outlet malls are located.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Dan F
York Beach, Maine
“Legend in New Hampshire-No Air Conditioning”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Large restaurant that has a long history in New Hampshire! With these unusual summer weather patterns, the owners really need to consider air conditioning. It was just too hot to really to enjoy any of the meals which we ordered. My salad was huge. The lobster, in the salad, had portions of the shell attached which is a bit uncomfortable when one is with a group. My companions ordered a salad, chowder, fried clams and stuffed haddock. The one who ordered the stuffed haddock felt that his food was good and also enjoyed the fried potato chips. There is something pleasant about the checkered tablecloths, paper plates, and plastic table wear in a beautiful location. However, this legend really needs to "Pull Up Its Socks."

Nottingham, New Hampshire
“Newick's Seafood Restaurant Thoughts”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

A bit pricey! All food is generally well prepared and presented. A little pricy for lobster, especially when it is plentiful in May and June. Lobster Stew is good, but a little over priced. Nice location right on the waterfront in Dover, New Hampshire. No china service afforded and all is served on paper plates.

• Visited April 2013