Comfort Inn & Suites Dover
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We were scheduled to stay across the street at the Hampton Inn, but they had some water problems a couple weeks before. They arranged for us to stay here. I have to say that we were pleasantly surprised. Nothing fancy but pleasant, friendly and comfortable. Cotton sheets...makes a huge difference for me. Would stay there again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kayle L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope you stay with us again during your next travel to the area!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have been in other Comfort Inns but not one like this. The room was immaculate with the towels all folded like fans and I have never experienced sheets this soft. The staff was the greatest and to our surprise on Wednesday nights they have a cook out for the people staying at the hotel. Anything you need was provided with a smile and it just felt like home. A really great place to stay and I would highly recommend it to all.

Room Tip: From what I could see all the rooms were the same except for the suites which I did not see since it...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mem23mac

We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay & that we met or even exceeded your expectations!
We provide a complimentary dinner every Wednesday evening.
We hope to have you stay with us again during your next travel!

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I do not know of any hotel I have stayed at, that would allow a guest to be exposed to someone else's blood. At this hotel, that is exactly what happened. I opened the curtains in our room and to my disgust, where I had touched there were dried blood stains. I don't know if the cleaning staff just missed them or why they were there, but it made me queasy to know it was now on my hands. I talked to the staff and in a nonchalant fashion, had us move to another room. Almost as if this was something they were used to. My husband and I were very disappointed with the service. I work in healthcare and blood borne pathogens should be something you don't have to worry about when trying to relax. Don't stay here!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Kayle L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience. I am glad I personally had the opportunity to discuss this matter with you while at the hotel. We had given you a complimentary upgrade to a suite that evening. I wish after speaking with you, you would have addressed your displeasure while at the hotel. If you would like to speak further, please feel free to email me at klyle@lafrancehospitality.com
Thank you for your patronage, and I hope we can redeem ourselves while you are on a trip back to the area.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We booked this hotel for a family funeral. There were several of us staying for the 1 night. I requested a King Bed with a table and chair and found my room extremely small upon arrival.
After the wake we had all room hopped and I realized that I was put into a handicapped room. I also realized that I was charged more than most of the other persons in my group. I did NOT ask for a handicapped room nor should I have been charged that rate for a resource I did not need. I had planned a small dinner party of pizza and soda in my room after the wake and had to move to my sister's room as mine was too small.
If I was told in advance that I was staying in this room, I would have requested another room.
We had a 4 hour drive before we had to attend the wake and had no time to make changes once we arrived.

I found your hotel spotless and your breakfast very accommodating.

Thank you for asking.

Sincerely.
The Family of JL!

Room Tip: Great location!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Kenneth T, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad you found our hotel to be spotless and that the breakfast met your needs. I apologize about the room type that you found yourself in. Being that it was a very busy time, this may have been the available room type left. Please reach out to klyle@lafrancehospitality.com so we can discuss your concerns further. Thanks again, and we look forward to your return so you can experience some of our large suites!
Regards,
Kenneth Tarara

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife & I stayed for a couple of nights. when we left, we forgot to grab our wetsuits from the previous days race. We called Kelly at the front desk and she dropped everything, got the wetsuits from the room we checked out of and sent them UPS to our home 4 hours away. We received the box only 2 days later. these were expensive items & Kelly took care of it for us.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your kind words about our hotel, and i will be sure to share your review with Kelly. We look forward to your return to our hotel.
Kenneth Tarara
Manager

Reviewed 3 September 2013

On our one night stay here,my husband and I thought this motel was superbly, extra clean and very attractive and learned that they are about to redecorate! Wow, if every motel looked like this did the time we were there, all travelers would rejoice told not to expect very early check -in and I can see why -- the maids really scrub and clean every inch of the room and common areas. Can it get any better? Our bedding was extraordinary luxury; the breakfast they offered gratis was better than average, and they even hosted a special outdoor "picnic" lunch free once a week - there, and on two other days at their sister motels nearby. Can you imagine a business man getting free breakfast and a free lunch three days a week if he were staying here? The hostess was extra polite, helpful and friendly. I requested and got a smoke free room. The motel offered every service a traveler could want or need. Several nice and fast-food restaurants are very nearby. Ask for discounts available; we did and saved a lot of cash.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking, away from traffic, and if you are eligible for any discounts (must ask)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Kayle L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for sharing with us your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us.
We are glad to hear you and your husband were able to take advantage of our Manager's Reception, BBQ. My staff and I look forward to it every year!
I will be sure to pass along your compliments to my housekeeping staff regarding the clean guest rooms and public spaces.
We are excited to go through our renovations starting this fall. Please visit us again soon to check them out!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn of Dover a weekend in July and a weekend in August this Summer and found both experiences to be extremely pleasant. The property is in excellent condition, with all modern amenities and a well laid out design. Housekeeping is obviously a major concern of the LaFrance Family of Massachusetts ownership and it is very well maintained inside and outside. The exterior of the building is designed in the fashion of the New England seacoast hotels of the late 19th century with stone and clapboard siding and many peaks and gables-instead of the standard stucco box most Comfort Inns and Choice branded Hotels are. In my many experiences with the 'Choice' brand, this is by far one of the top two I've ever stayed in. As Choice is basically a Franchise operation I was delighted to see a well maintained American Family run business instead of the poorly run, attitude full 'foreign affairs' so many Choice properties have become these days.

The front desk operation was flawless. We had forgotten to pack a few sundries which the very capable young lady provided free of charge. All the front desk people we encountered including the night auditor where exceptional and well trained in their positions. The breakfast was better than standard Comfort Inn fair, and the coffee was excellent. The indoor pool and terrace in the rear of the building is very nice and relaxing. The reason I did not rate this property as excellent, the bathrooms in both rooms we stayed in where way too dark, the lighting needs an upgrade. We had very large bathrooms as they had given us rooms that could be used by people with disabilites-very comfortable and roomy but dark baths. We liked the fact that the rooms had large double hung windows that you can open from top and bottom, and not use the AC. It was cool and breezy in Dover both times we where there so AC was not necessary, and an open window was all you needed. So nice to have these in a modern building. Overall, a great hotel. Great management-Cheers to the Lafrance family. Keep it up!

Room Tip: Pick a room on 2-4. Main floor rooms are adjacent to the pool, laundry and workout room, and there w...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christopher T

Thank you for sharing with us your positively glowing comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear we met or even exceeded your expectations.
You got it right, deliverying a quality product with sensational service to every guest, every time is what we strive for.
Please come visit us after our renovations starting this fall!
I will be sure to share your exceptional comments with my staff.

Kayle Lyle

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
#1 of 6 in Dover
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover
The Garrison Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Dover? Share your experiences!