“Comfy and clean!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Dover
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed for one night. I was so surprised by how clean and well appointed the room was. The bed was super comfortable. Plenty of squishy pillows (my favorite)!!! The front desk was not only helpful but truly pleasant. When I'm back in the neighborhood I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Kayle L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we greatly look forward to serving your lodging needs in the near future!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I always say, it's the little things, like free dinner on we'd nights, upgrades without requesting them..this location is not only well kept,it's a great example of what a hotel should be. Stay here, you will not be dissapointed

Room Tip: Stay here !!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay.
"Above and beyond 5 Stars"-We are SO thrilled to hear we are exceeding your expectations!
We greatly value your patronage and look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We were scheduled to stay across the street at the Hampton Inn, but they had some water problems a couple weeks before. They arranged for us to stay here. I have to say that we were pleasantly surprised. Nothing fancy but pleasant, friendly and comfortable. Cotton sheets...makes a huge difference for me. Would stay there again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kayle L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope you stay with us again during your next travel to the area!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have been in other Comfort Inns but not one like this. The room was immaculate with the towels all folded like fans and I have never experienced sheets this soft. The staff was the greatest and to our surprise on Wednesday nights they have a cook out for the people staying at the hotel. Anything you need was provided with a smile and it just felt like home. A really great place to stay and I would highly recommend it to all.

Room Tip: From what I could see all the rooms were the same except for the suites which I did not see since it...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mem23mac

We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay & that we met or even exceeded your expectations!
We provide a complimentary dinner every Wednesday evening.
We hope to have you stay with us again during your next travel!

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

I do not know of any hotel I have stayed at, that would allow a guest to be exposed to someone else's blood. At this hotel, that is exactly what happened. I opened the curtains in our room and to my disgust, where I had touched there were dried blood stains. I don't know if the cleaning staff just missed them or why they were there, but it made me queasy to know it was now on my hands. I talked to the staff and in a nonchalant fashion, had us move to another room. Almost as if this was something they were used to. My husband and I were very disappointed with the service. I work in healthcare and blood borne pathogens should be something you don't have to worry about when trying to relax. Don't stay here!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Kayle L, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience. I am glad I personally had the opportunity to discuss this matter with you while at the hotel. We had given you a complimentary upgrade to a suite that evening. I wish after speaking with you, you would have addressed your displeasure while at the hotel. If you would like to speak further, please feel free to email me at klyle@lafrancehospitality.com
Thank you for your patronage, and I hope we can redeem ourselves while you are on a trip back to the area.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We booked this hotel for a family funeral. There were several of us staying for the 1 night. I requested a King Bed with a table and chair and found my room extremely small upon arrival.
After the wake we had all room hopped and I realized that I was put into a handicapped room. I also realized that I was charged more than most of the other persons in my group. I did NOT ask for a handicapped room nor should I have been charged that rate for a resource I did not need. I had planned a small dinner party of pizza and soda in my room after the wake and had to move to my sister's room as mine was too small.
If I was told in advance that I was staying in this room, I would have requested another room.
We had a 4 hour drive before we had to attend the wake and had no time to make changes once we arrived.

I found your hotel spotless and your breakfast very accommodating.

Thank you for asking.

Sincerely.
The Family of JL!

Room Tip: Great location!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Kenneth T, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad you found our hotel to be spotless and that the breakfast met your needs. I apologize about the room type that you found yourself in. Being that it was a very busy time, this may have been the available room type left. Please reach out to klyle@lafrancehospitality.com so we can discuss your concerns further. Thanks again, and we look forward to your return so you can experience some of our large suites!
Regards,
Kenneth Tarara

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife & I stayed for a couple of nights. when we left, we forgot to grab our wetsuits from the previous days race. We called Kelly at the front desk and she dropped everything, got the wetsuits from the room we checked out of and sent them UPS to our home 4 hours away. We received the box only 2 days later. these were expensive items & Kelly took care of it for us.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your kind words about our hotel, and i will be sure to share your review with Kelly. We look forward to your return to our hotel.
Kenneth Tarara
Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Hampton Inn Dover
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#11 of 17 in Portsmouth
Best Western Plus Portsmouth Hotel & Suites

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Dover? Share your experiences!