“Clean, Comfy, Great Location, Awesome staff.”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Driving up you can tell its a good hotel. outside is well kept. Inside the lobby is very nice and the staff is friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and very comfortable beds. Breakfast was very good, lots to choose from. And free Keurig 24/7. Location is very good. very close to all restaurants and malls. I stayed here because I was going to the Nascar race in Loudon and it was only 1 hour away. If im ever in Dover again I will stay here.
only thing I was they had was a pool but I can do without.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
dmicrotel, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Great Review and Great pictures. Hope the race fun was fun and I hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

We enjoyed staying here for 2 nights recently. We arrived late in the evening only to discover that there was no refrigerator in the room as we had expected. We called the front desk and Lynnda appeared with a fridge in just a few minutes. She also promptly gave us new batteries for the tv remote. Awesome!! The room was clean and comfortable and conveniently located for our purposes.

The only criticism I have is regarding the breakfast. I was thrilled that they have a Keurig coffee maker (actually they have 2) but the breakfast area was so busy that they often ran low on food and supplies and the area was kind of messy. I wish they had restocked more frequently and cleaned up the spills and crumbs. Other than that I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pecunning
Reviewed 23 June 2012

This Inn is clean, comfortable & has all the comforts of home, free wi-fi & great breakfast for a very good price & it is smoke free!!!

Room Tip: I think they are all good...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank marie0001
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We finally got enough Wyndham points for a free stay and booked the Microtel Inn while visiting New England.
From Jordan's warm welcome until he said "good-bye," it was a great stay. Very nice, very clean room. Excellent WiFi. Elevator. Warm cookies at the front desk.
Rooms do not have refrigerators, but there are plenty of ice machines. There is no in-room coffee, but Keurig coffee is available in the lobby 24/7. Finally, I have my dark roast available!! Wouldn't you know, I find good coffee at a place that's next door to a Starbucks!
Excellent breakfast with fresh fruit, eggs, yogurt, waffle machine and the usual sugar and carbs. A staff person works the area so everything is properly stored and replenished when needed.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and recommend it. Easy access.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andy W
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We really liked this hotel for a number of reaons: the room was very clean, the food at breakfast was good (we especially liked the Keurig coffee flavors!), and Jordan at the front desk was very helpful with our reservation. He has a great personality and told us there would be cookies when we returned that night! Loved those cookies, Jordan....you are a great cook!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Jordan at the front desk was great, poor guy was on crutches with a broken foot but still came to the room when the TV wasn't working when I first checked in. There were a few problems however. The water was extremely hot and could not be changed no matter how you adjusted the faucets in both the shower and the sink. I reported it the 2nd morning but the problem was still there the 3rd morning as well. Also adding to the shower problem was the curved shower rod had been ripped off the wall and repaired poorly including that they remounted it wrong so it was facing downward and therefore there was no way of keeping the shower curtain closed. It stayed bundled in the middle about a foot wide. The soundproofing is not good, it was very easy to hear neighbors conversations.

Room Tip: Get a room facing away from the main road on one side.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank John L
dmicrotel, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

John,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are very lucky to have Jordan on our Front Desk team. Despite his Basketball injury he is still working!

We were finally able to diagnose the plumbing issue. The distribution valve was letting the hot water into the cold water. We have since had this repaired and now have both hot and cold running water! We have also arranged for the maintenance issues to be taken care of.

We hope you will stay with us should you require lodging in the future. Please contact me directly at GM@MicrotelDover.com so I can personally guarantee you the best rate and the best stay.

Reviewed 12 February 2012

This hotel is the nicest hotel that I have stayed at in the past four years of travelling each weekend to watch my son's hockey team. We have stayed all over New England and this one is by far, my favorite! It is so clean, so comfortable/homey, and the food is good as well. There are fresh baked cookies and fruit upon arrival. Free breakfast too. I like the Keurig coffee machines that you can use 24 hours/day for coffee or hot chocolate. Everyone at this hotel is so friendly and helpful! I have stayed at this hotel many times each year for the last four years and it feels like home to me. I will miss it when he finishes playing at the end of this season!

Room Tip: I keep coming back here every time I have to be in the area and HIGHLY recommend it to everybody!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank UNHfan
dmicrotel, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Thank you so much for the great review! We love having you here! Hopefully you will have time to visit even after your son graduates! :)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
The Garrison Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
The Anchorage Inn - Rochester
Howard Johnson Portsmouth
Howard Johnson Portsmouth
#10 of 17 in Portsmouth

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover? Share your experiences!