“I was a little disappointed in the breakfast. Everything...”
Review of Days Inn Dover

Days Inn Dover
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Dover

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Montoursville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We made reservations months ago to stop at this hotel on our way to Maine. We specifically picked this hotel because of the availability of the room type we needed. We checked in late on Friday evening and was told we were in room 127 and when the hotel key would not work we looked at the card holder and it said 125, Tried that and it worked. Hopefully no one was on 127 and was panicked thinking some one was trying to break into their room. Upon walking into the room we discovered it was two full beds, We had booked a king suite room. My fiancee went immediately to the desk and told them and they said he was wrong that is what we booked. He came to the room and looked up our reservation on his email and our confirmation said it was a king bed suite. He went back to the desk with the confirmation number and the lady still claimed we were booked for a double full beds and said it would be the same price no matter what size the beds were anyway. The bathroom floor was dirty and the rug in the room could use a good shampooing. The only positive I have to say is the air conditioner was wonderful!! The breakfast was not bad for a free breakfast. I found it rather ironic that on the bed stand there is a laminated letter from the management saying that if you do not get first rate service form the staff to make sure to let them know because they strive to make sure all needs are met. Evidently the staff have not read that letter yet!! We will not stay here again and will not recommend this hotel at all. We used rewards points to book this room and will make sure that the hotel chain knows how disappointed we were with the room we were given on Monday morning.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris M
joyjoy300, General Manager at Days Inn Dover, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
As I explained to Stephen on the telephone today and in his review on Trip Advisor that in researching your reservation we found that your reservation has been changed from a king to two double beds on August 9, 2014 by central reservations. We did upgrade you to our poolside room which had a microwave and fridge and two double beds. We here at the hotel did have you originally in a King Size Suite but moved you due to the change on August 9, 2014. Please note that we only have one King Size Suite in the hotel. We were unable to change your reservation when you checked in as we were full and someone was already in that room. We have contacted Days Inn Customer Care and they will be researching your reservation to see why it was changed on August 9.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is the last time I will let me husband book a hotel for us. Between the terrible deal and the nightmare that ensued, I would have preferred a tent.
My husband has a large extended family in New Hampshire and we drove up from New Jersey for a 25th wedding anniversary party this past weekend. We have plans to return several times over the next year as we love it up there and always have a great time. Unfortunately, as charming as Dover is (LOVE the churches and repurposed mills), we will never stay at the Days Inn again and I made sure to tell the rest of the huge family to find other accommodations nearby.
Things were okay at first, although the Saturday night desk guy takes his job of policing smokers and anyone daring to breathe too loud way too seriously. When you check in they tell you 9pm to 9am is 'quiet time' and they are very serious about it. We met another guest who was told he had to leave the hotel property entirely to smoke and was chastised again for sitting at the picnic area talking with his family, not yelling, no music, just talking over a couple of beers outside. We came in from our party and barely heard them when we parked our car near where they were hanging out, they were not loud by any means. I did wonder if the parents of the girl screaming down the hall near the pool at 7am were admonished so severely.
The beds were comfortable except for the oddly place spare bed in the area outside the bathroom where my son slept as opposed to sharing a full bed with his sister. Being the room was small, I can understand that was the only place for the spare bed. I also agree with another reviewer who said the rooms were either too dark or turned into a peep show with the large windows that open out to the pool.
My husband and I woke up early and went down for coffee and breakfast. He ate and I just had coffee thankfully (more on that in a minute). We took our coffee and went walking around Dover, well off the hotel property, to smoke. We actually walked over four miles around town before the kids got up. The town itself is quaint and seems to be making an effort to reinvent itself and repurpose old buildings, which I love.
We went back up to the room and I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I flipped on the light just in time to see our extra guests scurrying off of my toothbrush, up the wall and behind the mirror...yes COCKROACHES! Four of them! I screamed and woke the kids up, I am surprised the noise police from the front desk didn't come up and scold me. After that, there was no way I would touch any of the food there, I had a hard time even sitting in the room waiting for the kids to get up and ready. A very nice girl that was working in the kitchen told us about a great bakery in town to get myself something to eat, but they are closed on Sundays unfortunately. We had a hard time finding anything open, so I ate honey roasted cashews for breakfast that were in the car. I also walked to the cute little grocery store with sweet employees down the street to get a new toothbrush, which I waited to use until we stopped for gas. I was so grossed out, I couldn't even use the sink in the room.
I wanted to run screaming to the front desk at 6am when I found them, but my husband is way too nice. He told the uninterested girl at the front desk when we checked out and instead of taking it seriously or making ANY attempt to make it right, she said "Thank you, these are the things we need to know about." It's lucky for the Days Inn that he 'handled it' because I wanted to stand in the kitchen doorway and let all the guests know that the hotel has rooms right above the kitchen with the most disgusting, pervasive, disease carrying bugs on the planet as roommates.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy W
joyjoy300, General Manager at Days Inn Dover, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you very much for letting me know of your experiences at our hotel and our downtown areas. We do take all your comments and concerns very seriously. We are not sure what you saw in the bathroom but our Maintenance Staff and Pest Control Company inspected your room and the surrounding rooms as well and no bugs of any type were found. We are smoke free property and our quiet time is 9:00pm to 9:00am.

Travellers are raving about these Dover hotels

The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I've been staying there for business last week. It's a great location, right in the city center of Dover NH. More than enough free parking places. Many restaurants at walking distance. The Fish Shanty is the next door neighbour. The rooms are nice and clean. They offer a nice breakfast. The staff is very friendly and more than willing to help you with anything. One of the most impressing things is their indoor pool and spa. The spa is so nice and warm, great relaxing moment after a days work.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
joyjoy300, General Manager at Days Inn Dover, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you very much for letting me know of your stay at the Dover Days Inn. It is so nice being downtown to walk right next door to get a great meal at the Fish Shanty. The spa is very relaxing and so glad you took advantage of the pool too! Looking forward to having you stay with us again!
Toms River
Reviewed 31 July 2014

stayed for 3 nights while visiting our daughter and family in Dover. Enjoyed our stay. Found a lot of confusion when making our reservation by phone. On 2 different calls we were quoted different prices over a time lapse of only 30 minutes.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank William B
joyjoy300, General Manager at Days Inn Dover, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
We are so very glad to hear that you stayed with us at the Dover Days Inn while visiting your daughter and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry for the confusion with rates but sometimes rates will change depending upon availability at any time. Please call the hotel directly and we will be happy to make your reservation for you.
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Clean hotel. Rooms and bathrooms are clean as well. Bed was ok, but clean and free of any kind of bugs. Breakfast was good as well. It has everything to fill you up quickly, fruits, yogurts, bread, oatmeal, cereals, orange juice and cofee. I will go again

Stayed July 2014
Thank you very much for your comments on your stay at the Dover Days Inn. We try very hard to make sure that you have a clean and comfortable room! We are so very glad that you enjoyed our new Day Break Breakfast and that you will be joining us again!
New York Metro
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Nice indoor pool, the room was clean, beds were OK. The property is clean. Plenty of parking, rooms in the back were quiet. Free breakfast was a plus, but the omelet was horrible. The hard boiled eggs were better. There was also toast, cereal and pancakes.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank asia999
Thank you for letting me know of your recent stay at the Dover Days Inn. We have recently turned up our warmer to keep the omelets hotter. Putting them in the microwave for about 30 seconds warms them up nicely too.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Holiday Inn Express Durham
Three Chimneys Inn
Three Chimneys Inn
#1 of 2 in Durham

Been to Days Inn Dover? Share your experiences!