“Walk like a man...fast as I can.....”

Libby's Bar & Grill
Ranked #10 of 30 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 11 October 2013

It has been many years since I walked out of a restaurant, especially when I was very hungry. During a recent trip to Durham, NH, I attempted to eat dinner at Libby's. I say attempted because I sat at a table (solo) and no fewer than four waitresses walked past my table without acknowledging me or asking if I needed a menu. Two of the waitresses passed my table three times and I was well before the rush hour, if such a thing exists in a small town. After 12 minutes, I had to leave and find another place to eat my dinner.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We went here because there isn't much to choose from in Durham. The outside (and inside) didn't appeal much but we were pleasantly surprised. The service was great and the food was good. I would eat here again.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I just graduated from UNH (tear tear) and Libbys was the weekend spot in Durham. After turning 21, most Thursday and Saturday nights are spent at Libby's taking advantage of their dollar drink specials. The atmosphere is really fun. Upstairs is the restaurant/bar feel and downstairs is more like a club. Even during a weekday, it's a great place to get dinner and a drink. The food is regular pub food and it's pretty good! I can't wait to go back for Homecoming!

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Last evening I was in Durham and had some time to kill while my granddaughter attended an event at UNH so I stopped in at Libby's for a bite to eat and a Guinness to drink (actually it was the sign out front advertising the Guinness that gently pulled me inside on this hot, hot New Hampshire evening). I found the environment to be lively, the food very good and perfectly prepared, the wait staff friendly and helpful, and the Guinness cold, refreshing, and properly poured. The young lady who took my order suggested the black and blue angus burger and this turned out to be an excellent suggestion that I would happily repeat on my next visit. There isn't much happening in "downtown" Durham on a Friday evening when UNH is on break, but if you find yourself there I highly recommend a meal at Libby's Bar & Grill and a nice cold Guinness, or two.

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Stopped by this restaurant while visiting UNH with my teenage daughter. We really enjoyed our meal. The food was great, the server was really nice and the price was just right. My daughter enjoyed the Caeser Salad so much that she wanted to drive back from Maine to get it again. We would highly recommend Libby's Bar and Grill.