“Lunch and almost dinner”

Young's Restaurant & Coffee
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Durham
Alexandria, Virginia
“Lunch and almost dinner”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We had a great lunch here and enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The service was slow, but maybe that was a fluke. The restaurant was promoting a new change in hours. To be open from 4-9:00 pm. Imagine our disappointment when we returned that evening at 8:00 pm and were told they had changed their mind and that they were closed. While the initial experience was good, not sure that I would recommend this restaurant since the management seemed to think it was ok that even though they advertised new hours, they didn't honor their advertising. Disappointed.

Visited August 2013

Dover,NH
“My kind of place”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Food and service wonderful. A menu that supports farm to table and living green. I have known this place since a college student when it was owned and run by the current owners parents. It is an institution.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank dsger1950
Pembroke, New Hampshire
“Breakfast”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Nice place for breakfast and also for lunch. Have eaten bacon and eggs and sandwiches. All were tasty. Friendly staff.

Visited November 2012
Dover, New Hampshire
“Not what we usually get”
Reviewed 26 December 2012 via mobile

We frequent Youngs, and recently had a disappointing experience. It was late am, day after Xmas, so was not like a typical weekend breakfast crowd. We were told to seat ourselves. We found out later that our waitress had received several tables at the same time. We sat over 7 minutes waiting for drinks. The table next to us literally ordered, served, and ate 15 minutes before we got our meals. After ordering and waiting for 20 minutes, when I asked about our meals, the reaction was"they are cooking it". Really? Another 7 minutes saw our scrambled eggs, homefries, bacon, and taost arrive. I resigned myself to a mediocre experience. The icing was the reaction I got from the manager when I alerted her to my concerns and disappointment. "yeah, we were just talking about how long you waited, I'm really sorry. The waitress got 4 tables all at once and she got backed up." Maybe someone should have been seating guests, or, when the issue was apparent, that the table load would have been redistributed. I thought that they might have at least offered to comp. the coffee......but nothing. When we go to Youngs, it's a choice, as it's in the next town over from us. Just thought folks tat choose to go are informed as to what can happen through our experience.

1 Thank rolasu
Edmonton, Canada
“Best breakfast you can get”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Excellent home cooked breakfasts here served by very pleasant staff. Treat yourself to Youngs for breakfast or lunch (they are not open in the evening). On main street - you cannot miss is.

Visited September 2011