“Do you really need utensils to eat?”
Review of The Knot Irish Pub

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Knot Irish Pub
Ranked #23 of 28 Restaurants in Durham
Durham, NH
“Do you really need utensils to eat?”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Although I've lived in Durham for many years, I'd never eaten here. As a result of my visit, I have that encapsulates the joys (?) of dining in a "quaint New England college town. One evening my friend and I decided to try The Knot. We sat down at the bar and ordered our meal. It arrived without any silverware. When we asked the waitress (a college student) for utensils she replied, "none are clean". After staring her down for a few minutes she decided maybe she could wash some so we could eat. We used the questionably clean utensils to eat our barely edible meal and left hungry to go to my house and scrounge around for leftovers.

• Visited May 2014

Pittsburgh
“For the under 25 crowd only”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was in town at an event at the university. I wanted a beer and bite to eat. This was the first place I encountered. I should have kept walking. It is a classic college hole in the wall. The kitchen was open, but they were only serving chicken wings. They had a number of decent beers on tap.

There was only one bartender on duty. She was working hard, but simply overwhelmed by the number of people in the bar. Additionally, the music was so loud you could not talk to the person next to you. There was only one TV on the bar.

This place is clearly for the undergrad college crowd. If you are over 25 and want something a little quieter and much better walk another block or two down the street to Libby's.

• Visited May 2014