“I am sorry that I cannot rate it lower”
Review of The Red Iguana - CLOSED

The Red Iguana
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New Hampshire
“I am sorry that I cannot rate it lower”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wife and I went there for dinner and without exception it was the worst excuse for Mexican food that I have ever taste. I hate "dissing" a place because I realize peoples lives are attached who work there, but truly this restaurant should not be in business. For example, we started with table-side guacamole - the woman who made it clearly did not have a clue; virtually no lime, if any, no cilantro, 1 1/2 avacados for $8+, and what was not in there for flavor was exceeded by the salt. It makes me shudder even now. I got a chicken mole and I can do so much beeter just with Dora's mole sauce from the super market. The dirty rice was all butter (YUK!) and the refried beans were rancid (one taste and left the rest). My wife had the chile rellano and an enchilada (pick two) and it was also gross. I would think you would have to drink a lot of alcohol (way over the legal limit) to consider eating here a second time. Shame! (Again, this is the first time I have ever had such a horrible experience at any restaurant in any country)

1 Thank thxsparrow

Newton, New Hampshire
“Find another mexican restaurant”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just stopped for a quick lunch. We both ordered the Iguana trio enchiladas. Waiting 40 minutes for food and it was cold. Place was not busy. Waitress didn't even ask how the food was. Cook is also the owner. I drive by this place all the time and they do not do much business. Don't see this place staying in business much longer.

2 Thank Diane B
Hampton
“must get their act together!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I must assume the kitchen was understaffed the night I was there, otherwise there is no explanation on how they can stay in business. It took 30 minutes for us to receive our appetizers, and when our main courses finally arrived, my meal seemed kind of sparse. I ordered the Plato Mexicano which was a joke. I had to ask for the tortillas, and it was only after I left that I realized that it was supposed to come with rice and beans. No wonder my plate looked half empty!! I also did not like that they don't list the prices of their drinks on the menu (beware!). I would never go back to this place!

1 Thank carpediemman
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great lunch spot”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped by to have an early lunch on a saturday! The place was not busy, service was prompt overall the place was clean and it was a pleasant afternoon.
We each ordered the house sangria which was so delicious!!!
Everyone tried something different for an entree, and each of theme were of great proportion almost a little excess in food. Everything was very tasty!!!
We would definitely go her again!!

Kingston, New Hampshire
“Don't walk by, run.”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Service was very slow. New pricing is outrageous given the guality of the food. Salt does not correct for quality, but they try. Very dissapointing, I would have wanted my money back if it was free. Owner is very polite.

• Visited March 2014