“Outstanding Popover Paradise”

Popovers at Brickyard Square
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Epping
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: European
Description: We are a contemporary cafe offering fresh seasonal food, fine wines, craft beers, innovative spirits, and exceptional pastries and desserts. We offer live entertainment on Friday evenings and seasonal outdoor seating. We believe in sustainability, source local when possible, and understand the importance of community support and participation.
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We have been here a few times and most recently for lunch. Fun Movie themed cocktail menu with a variety of options. Breakfast served all day. I had the breakfast in a tomato wrap which was a large portion served with a side of pineapple and melons. The Caesar salad with salmon was also a large portion. Salmon can be pan roasted or smoked. Mini popovers are served and replenished for ten table. The crabcakes were also rather large with excellent flavor. The popover Sunday was unique, decadent and delicious. Also served in a popover a generous portion of vanilla ice cream, creamy smooth whipped cream, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, caramelized warm bananas, candied walnuts, thin sliver of dark chocolate and a cherry topped this is amazing end to a great meal. Helpful and efficient servers along with reasonable prices make this an excellent choice for a unique dining experience.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Atmosphere is like a football field, portions are very small and prices are very high. The pastries are worth the visit but it's not a comfortable restaurant. I was very cold and had to put my coat on to eat. I ordered half a sandwich and soup, the salad was very small and had very little fixings in it. The sandwich half was also very small and lack luster. I was very disappointed with what my money bought me. The size of my pastry was also a dissapointment. If the service had been better and faster, I might have been a bit more accepting of everything else. I have no idea who put this restaurant together but I don't see them existing for very long. The only memorable thing was the modern chandelier in the center of the football field's ceiling.

3  Thank dragonflower7
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Popovers, in Epping NH, is a relatively new, attractive restaurant that is still having growing pains. The setting is attractive and modern, Pastries are top-notch. But, why can't I get a hot cup of decaf coffee, or have a pastry warmed up as requested? After multiple cups of decaf we gave up and had to take regular coffee, pastry was sent back and returned barely warm. Same problem expereinced a few months ago. Staff is helpful and friendly. Seating situation is confused between those staying "for dinner" and those stopping in for coffee etc.
Once Popovers gets the details right it will be 5 stars, easy.

3  Thank RobertS742
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Great desserts to grab and go, delicious hot and cold sandwiches-- love their version of a Cuban panini. The popovers are the size of your head and can be served with maple butter . The breakfast options are great, as are the salads. You order at the counter and then choose your booth seat. No one rushes you to eat and go, people can linger, friends can get reacquainted and chat forever. A nice change! They have daily specials for breakfast, lunch and dinner. SO glad they are in Epping!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Best place in town to grab dessert to go. I enjoyed the cup cakes but the flourless chocolate torte cake is worth every penny. Stop by and take home a slice today -- it is rich and lasts me several sittings. The set up is a little weird with the half sit down wait service and half panera style but they are still working out the kinks.

Been to Popovers at Brickyard Square? Share your experiences!