“OK Chain Mexican.... just not as good as Maine locations”

Margaritas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 51 Restaurants in Exeter
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentically delicious food and drinks made fresh to order daily. Art and furnishings handcrafted in Mexico. For family, friends and community, the fiesta starts here. It's like being in Mexico without getting on a plane.
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I met here recently with old high school friends while visiting the area. The restaurant was busy on a Friday night, though we had no trouble getting a table in the section of a server who one of my friends knew, "John." The cushion-less chair I initially chose, sat lower than the others, so I had to move (with my back toward the front door), which I didn't care for, though the second (cushioned) chair sat higher and put me at better height at the dinner table.

Margarita's provides a pleasant atmosphere of "Americanized Mexican" with faux Mexican décor, music, food, and competitive prices. Our server was personable, efficient and helpful throughout our dinner experience, and did especially well considering that he had only been waiting tables for about a month now. We started with a diet pepsi, traditional frozen margarita, and a "lime in the coconut" margarita: the latter which fell a bit short of expectation. John also brought complimentary salsa and chips. For dinner my friends ordered the taco salad (without bowl), and the original fish taco meal: both enjoyed their dinners. I had the Margaritas famous taster (a chicken burrito, cheese enchilada, and ground beef taco, with refried beans and rice). It 'hit the spot' as I was hungry, but was taste and quality were "just okay."

I like Margarita's, generally, but find that, in terms of food, the Portland, Maine locations do a better job than the Exeter location did on this night. I will go back, but most likely not to Exeter.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The restaurant is nice and colorful, the food is typical restaurant chain food but it is always hot and tasty.

The margaritas are ALWAYS enjoyable.

KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thanks for the review! Hope you can come back again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The quality of their food is poor. The quantity is plentiful. They do make a good Margherita. The noise level is pretty loud most of the time. It's a great place to bring children because it is relatively inexpensive.

I have been to the Margarita's in Natick, MA and there is such a difference. This one has very good food, good service and during Happy Hour it can be called a fun place.

KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you Grace for your feedback. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy our food. Our goal is to our food be as great as our Margaritas. I'll pass your feedback along to our Back of house team and challenge them to make every meal great. We hope you can come back soon!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We had a party of 12 and were well taken care of. The beverages were good, the food was fine, and plenty of chips and salsa.

KidTaco, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritas Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thanks for celebrating with us and for sharing your feedback. Hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My wife and I both tried new menu items and both meals were delicious as always -- generous portions. My son's 2x kid's tacos were a clean-plate-club success! Our waitress this particular night was pleasant but rather slow -- perhaps a bad night? Otherwise great meal as always!